Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Waiting for my Electric Plus (PHEV) model to come later this summer. I have a long commute and was wondering if my Kingston usb thumb drive (or Sandisk) can be plugged into the USB port and play music off of that?

I'm used to loading things on my Micro SD card in my current car. I also don't want to do the Bluetooth thing using my phone as I'd prefer something with a higher storage capacity.

Thanks for any light you can shed!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Hi All,

Waiting for my Electric Plus (PHEV) model to come later this summer. I have a long commute and was wondering if my Kingston usb thumb drive (or Sandisk) can be plugged into the USB port and play music off of that?

I'm used to loading things on my Micro SD card in my current car. I also don't want to do the Bluetooth thing using my phone as I'd prefer something with a higher storage capacity.

Thanks for any light you can shed!

Yes, Like many others I find the radio stuff is mostly a pulchritude of repetitive drivel so I use an 8 gb and 16 gb flash drive to play `mood` music - that matches my mood: Death Metal, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Punk, Rock and Blues, the occasional movie soundtrack...

Particularly useful to have to replace the noise of the ICE with the window down in summer temps: This morning I set about offending the genteel environs of Lymington and Lyndhurst with a variety of `popular` tunes:

To list but a few... �� https://media.tenor.com/images/dd784f3fe71c4177faa6120021835403/tenor.gif

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use a thumb drive daily and I love it. My only problem is that I can only play MP3 files. I have collected other formats over the years (WAV, FLAC, M4A) and they don't work for me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I use a thumb drive daily and I love it. My only problem is that I can only play MP3 files. I have collected other formats over the years (WAV, FLAC, M4A) and they don't work for me.
I had that problem. If you have a windows PC there was/is a free program called Audacity that will convert just about anything to mp3.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies, everyone! Very helpful as I figure out my music folders. I listen to Metallica, 90s mixes, and film scores.

Hopefully Audacity or some other program can help normalize my MP3s. Hate having to adjust the volume when switching to the AM station for traffic updates.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've heard talk of using a "wingle" dongle with a 3 free sim inserted. I have the sim but have yet to get the dongle.
My question is can I use it in the charge only armrest usb socket or do I need to use it in the data socket under the climate control ?
Any advice on configuring this would also be welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
I've heard talk of using a "wingle" dongle with a 3 free sim inserted. I have the sim but have yet to get the dongle.
My question is can I use it in the charge only armrest usb socket or do I need to use it in the data socket under the climate control ?
Any advice on configuring this would also be welcome.
You can use the usb socket in the armrest .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick bump with new question (I have since taken delivery of the car - see post in the New Members' Section).

When shuffling tunes in the usb drive, can I get the system to just shuffle within 1 folder and not the whole drive? For example, my movie scores are in one folder and when randomizing it, I don't want to mix my Metallica or Podcast downloads with those.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I solved my question: I just pressed "Shuffle" more than once, and it'll shuffle within the folder, and then amongst all the other folders.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think I solved my question: I just pressed "Shuffle" more than once, and it'll shuffle within the folder, and then amongst all the other folders.
That's a definite improvement over the nav/infotainment system in my 2012 Genesis Coupe, which would only shuffle the entire USB stick. l'll have to remember to try this now in my Ioniq...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
KevinT
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing