Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question:
my car is IONIQ premium 2020, I have only one USB port that connects to the multimedia system, in this port, I connect my phone to android auto(for Waze..)
Is there another option in the car to connect a USB drive (for listen ) ??
Is there a way to run WAZE without ANDROID AUTO ?.
thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,119 Posts
I'm afraid not . I load my music library onto the phone and then I can use Android Auto and play music

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's possible but for a private reason I don't want to load the audio files to the phone

·
Super Moderator
2,119 Posts
OK . Some have had varying levels of success with using a USB hub in the front USB socket . Maybe that would be a solution . Have a look at this thread 2 Port USB hub? ...maybe that would provide a solution

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,837 Posts
I tried it but unfortunately I couldn't
I have tried, unsuccessfully, using a hub, as well. But what I have been using that works for me is an old iPod Classic, that I keep charged through the USB port in the centre armrest and connect to the audio system via a 3.5mm audio lead from the headphone jack to the aux input. I keep the iPod in my car so that way it's always set to go. The only downside is I cannot control the iPod from the steering wheel controls, only on the iPod itself, but the controls are tactile (I have a case that surrounds the click wheel), so very easy to adjust without taking my eyes off the road. I then keep a lighting lead plugged into the media centre USB port to connect my iPhone for Waze when I want to.

While the iPod Classic is no longer sold by Apple, I'm sure some other portable MP3 player could work similarly for you.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,837 Posts
Is there a way to run WAZE without ANDROID AUTO ?.
Also, have not tried this myself, for fear of bricking the unit and/or voiding warranty, but it is apparently possible to access the infotainment system's Android OS for installing apps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried, unsuccessfully, using a hub, as well. But what I have been using that works for me is an old iPod Classic, that I keep charged through the USB port in the centre armrest and connect to the audio system via a 3.5mm audio lead from the headphone jack to the aux input. I keep the iPod in my car so that way it's always set to go. The only downside is I cannot control the iPod from the steering wheel controls, only on the iPod itself, but the controls are tactile (I have a case that surrounds the click wheel), so very easy to adjust without taking my eyes off the road. I then keep a lighting lead plugged into the media centre USB port to connect my iPhone for Waze when I want to.

While the iPod Classic is no longer sold by Apple, I'm sure some other portable MP3 player could work similarly for you
thank you for the reply, in my car i didn't have a AUX input

·
Registered
648 Posts
Why not play your media through Bluetooth.

Reactions: KevinT
1 - 9 of 9 Posts