Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the Dems continue to be in disarray, it's prudent to assume they'll lose the House and further lose the Senate in the mid-terms (as if Manchin wasn't enough). It's also prudent to assume that along wth any other planet-protecting spending, they'll nuke the $7,500 tax credit.

So what's the latest date for delivery and still getting the credit? (Assuming they don't just make their destruction retro-active.)

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
905 Posts
Sorry, I clicked by mistake. The correct response is gob smacked disbelief!

Reactions: zookarama

·
Registered
122 Posts
The GOP legislature in North Carolina is getting rid of all public EV charging station. Fed Tax would be gone in a hurry when they take power.
GOP legislature in this state isn't doing anything. Just because a small number of representatives from small parts of the state want to propose things doesn't mean all republicans will agree. Also the democratic governor will veto and even if people stick to party lines there's no numbers to override. We will see if they get a majority after November though--surely some republicans drive Tesla's. . .

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
89 Posts
Anytime the government offers a credit or rebate on anything, it drives the cost up on the product or service. This is my favorite line "planet-protecting spending ". Have you looked at where the batteries are produced? The impact on the environment to obtain the raw materials for batteries? You seem to have a horrible case of NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard). Most alternative power products are made in China, an environmental nightmare. Imagine you're sitting in your corner of the pool filtering the water around you while at the other end of the pool someone is flushing their toilet into it. Perhaps if the Democrats didn't destroy American manufacturing under the Obama administration we wouldn't be supporting those creating the most pollution on the planet (India and China).

·
Registered
91 Posts
The GOP legislature in North Carolina is getting rid of all public EV charging station. Fed Tax would be gone in a hurry when they take power.
Specifically, some Republicans in NC are trying to get rid of taxpayer funded charging. That shouldn't be confused with "public" charging stations (as in open to the public but you have to pay for it).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a lady look at my Ioniq 5 last week outside a coffee shop in a very inbred area of PA and say loud enough for me to hear that it has a larger carbon footprint than most gas vehicles so I just let her talk. As I got in my car, I watched her get into her oversized Ford truck as it spewed black smoke. If she had a penis it would have been at full staff while she spewed her Tucker Carlson false facts in front of me. I am currently looking to add solar panels to my house before the end of the year assuming that credit may also be gone soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll take the tax credit as long as it's available but don't feel entitled to it.
It's not available for Tesla and GM electric vehicles and they're not having any problems selling cars.
I'm not comfortable with the US taxpayers subsiding vehicles built outside the USA with no US manufactured content.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll take the tax credit as long as it's available but don't feel entitled to it.
It's not available for Tesla and GM electric vehicles and they're not having any problems selling cars.
I'm not comfortable with the US taxpayers subsiding vehicles built outside the USA with no US manufactured content.
You realize if you are not comfortable with it, you don't have to fill out the form and claim it?

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
89 Posts
June 2016, in a town hall in Elkhart, Indiana Mr. Obama asserted that “some of those jobs of the past are just not going to come back.”
“When somebody says . . . that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well, how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do?,” Mr. Obama asked.
“There’s no answer to it. . . . What magic wand do you have?

·
Registered
'23 lucid blue limited on "order"
91 Posts
Anytime the government offers a credit or rebate on anything, it drives the cost up on the product or service. This is my favorite line "planet-protecting spending ". Have you looked at where the batteries are produced? The impact on the environment to obtain the raw materials for batteries? You seem to have a horrible case of NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard). Most alternative power products are made in China, an environmental nightmare. Imagine you're sitting in your corner of the pool filtering the water around you while at the other end of the pool someone is flushing their toilet into it. Perhaps if the Democrats didn't destroy American manufacturing under the Obama administration we wouldn't be supporting those creating the most pollution on the planet (India and China).
So, you are saying a large amount of U.S. manufacturing did not go abroad from 2001-2009? Also, would you like to see environmentally sound manufacturing done in the U.S. and do you support the higher cost, and environmental regulations to make that work?

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
89 Posts
Sorry for triggering some of you snowflakes that still think that crude oil comes from decayed dinosaurs. While you're so passionate about gasoline powered automobiles destroying the planet I never hear complaining about the average 26,000 jets flying over the USA at any given time throughout the day. They burn JET-A fuel and most propeller aircraft use 100LL, the LL stands for Low Lead. Next time one you self-righteous planet saving snowflakes take a flight, make sure to book it on an electric aircraft.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry for triggering some of you snowflakes that still think that crude oil comes from decayed dinosaurs. While you're so passionate about gasoline powered automobiles destroying the planet I never hear complaining about the average 26,000 jets flying over the USA at any given time throughout the day. They burn JET-A fuel and most propeller aircraft use 100LL, the LL stands for Low Lead. Next time one you self-righteous planet saving snowflakes take a flight, make sure to book it on an electric aircraft.
The name calling just lost you all of your credibility. Go back to the kiddie table. The adults have important things to discuss.

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
89 Posts
So, you are saying a large amount of U.S. manufacturing did not go abroad from 2001-2009? Also, would you like to see environmentally sound manufacturing done in the U.S. and do you support the higher cost, and environmental regulations to make that work?
No, you are saying it.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts