Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my white Ioniq SEL with tech package, for around $24k before taxes & doc fees.

According to TrueCar, the MSRP is ($23,950 + $835 destination) $25k, Invoice is ($22k + $835 destination) $24k, before the $1k tech package options. So I saved roughly $2k from MSRP, and $1k from invoice price. I also had the dealer waive all add-on's, like window tint, floor mats, cargo net, wheel locks, etc... which resulted in another $500 - $1k in savings.

I thought I got a pretty good deal. Then I read about another member "Operator" who said that a car dealer in California has the Ioniq listed with $3k in discounts, plus additional incentives if you quality (Uber driver, military, etc)...that seems like a better deal than what I got, even though it may be the base BLUE or SEL model without tech.

I also read another member (volioniq) who got his Ioniq for $1,500 off MSRP, who bought the car earlier, I believe.

I'm kind of shocked that there are such huge discounts already on the Ioniq, and are widely available. What kind of discounts are you all getting / seeing in the Ioniq in the US? Why are there such huge discounts on a relatively new car?

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's odd Hyundai owns KIA yet both companies are day and night when it comes to thier California dealerships... My experence with California KIA dealerships have been absolutely painful. With the Niro this was no exception. $3-$6k dealer markups above msrp was the only talking point they had, sorry guys, not in my lifetime. Using Autoland with my Credit Union also failed due to lack of cooperation from the dealers. With that my fifth KIA purchase turned into a search for anything else. Thats when I walked into Winn Hyundai in Santa Maria. To make a short story shorter, a deal was landed in moments on a model that was still on the boat. I was shocked. It seems that Hyundai dealerships are here to sell cars. Imagine that. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got the LTD. with the tech package. There were a few extras thrown in, like the floor mats & rear bumper scratch guard. We also got a $500 discount for my husband's military service.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,136 Posts
I got the Limited with the Ultimate package. I got about 3000+ dollars off retail price so paid about 28,900 for it. They gave me zero percent financing on top of that to make it a deal I couldn't refuse. They also gave me 1000 dollars more for my trade than they originally offered. I feel very good about the purchase overall.

·
Registered
467 Posts
That's a killer deal. Through my research, $3000 off MSRP is what I will offer and not accept anything higher. Will just walk away and go to the next dealer. The 0% financing is a great deal. I was not planning on financing through Hyundai, but if they give me 0%, why not!

Well done on the negotiation !

·
Registered
467 Posts
I got the Limited with the Ultimate package. I got about 3000+ dollars off retail price so paid about 28,900 for it. They gave me zero percent financing on top of that to make it a deal I couldn't refuse. They also gave me 1000 dollars more for my trade than they originally offered. I feel very good about the purchase overall.
IsntitIoniq, what dealer in your area did you get this smoking deal from? The local folks here implied they'd not get anywhere close to that low, but they also said they'd match any deal. So if I find a dealer that is willing to offer me a great deal, theoretically they will match it. I'll give the folks you bought from a call. I have no problem buying out of state and driving it home for $3000.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Anyone else in the USA willing to share the purchase price they negotiated? I'd love to get some real benchmark comparisons on SEL and Limited models.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I signed a lease agreement on 05-31-2017 on a 2017 SEL trim with MSRP of $25,010. Received a dealer discount of $735, manufacturer rebate of $1,500 for a lease and a $500 military rebate for reduced price of $22,275. More lease details available if interested.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,136 Posts
IsntitIoniq, what dealer in your area did you get this smoking deal from? The local folks here implied they'd not get anywhere close to that low, but they also said they'd match any deal. So if I find a dealer that is willing to offer me a great deal, theoretically they will match it. I'll give the folks you bought from a call. I have no problem buying out of state and driving it home for $3000.
I got mine from Irwin Hyundai in Laconia, New Hampshire. It was a 2 hour drive for me but it was worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am here in the Lexington, Kentucky area. I walked into a dealership in the Louisville area and a few dealerships in the Lexington, Ky area. I got one of the dealerships to quote me a price around $28300 area for a Limited Ultimate in the Electric Metallic Blue and they was going to do a dealer trade to get the vehicle because they had just the base model. The car itself was rare in Kentucky. I had only driven a Select and Blue trims. So I was excited about the great deal that I had. However I found out that the dealership that quoted me price said that the dealership was being bought out by another dealership and they couldn't do any dealerships as of that day. I was crushed. They said they was going to try to get another dealership to honor that price but in the long run they said they could not get anywhere within about a $1,000 or more. So I remember the other dealership in the Lexington area that quoted me 28,500; 30,821 out the door. The way they came up with that was $1,000 off for Uber incentive. Then they went ahead and discounted about $1,7000 in discounts and I signed up for a program called Boost about a month ago. Hyundai has an incentive with them where you can deposit up to $500 in the Boost program for a down payment and they will match it for up to $500. Which I found out about 3 or 4 weeks prior. So that gave me another $500 in total incentives. However I had to wait for the car in a dealer trade. It had a few extra miles on it as it was initially in Maryland and then came to West Virginia. They stated they would give me 2 fill ups of gas instead of one and 2 oil changes instead of the first. So when this car came in it also had carpeted floor mats front and back, bumper applique, cargo net, cargo cover, and cargo tray which made the MSRP $31,880. However they just went ahead and threw all of that in. I was very pleased with the deal that I got as well as used Hyundai financing which gave me 0.0% APR. So was very pleased with my deal. Sorry it was a little long winded however it was about a 3 to 3.5 weeks ordeal for me that I won out overall with about a $3500 savings that nobody would even try to touch at other dealerships even out of state over $1,000 more. As well with the dealership that I have they extend the powertrain warranty to 500,000 which I got in writing. Something the owner apparently started about 3 weeks before I bought my car. Hope I never have to use it, but comforting that it covers basically the life of the car. Hope this information is useful for any potential consumers for the vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got the Limited with Ultimate package. From the company I work for through a partnership with Hyundai, I got $900 off the car. Through the dealership they were running a Fourth of July sale so I got 0% financing. I got $650 for my trade-in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Ioniq Blue trim in the Seattle area in July. $19,850 plus $150 doc fee, so $20K USD before taxes (about $2000), along with 0% financing. I emailed all the dealerships in the state. About six or seven of them were willing to make offers over email. A couple went as low as $21K and then one dealer that hadn't responded ran an ad for $19975. Most of the other dealers walked away at that point, with a few saying they doubted that was real price (they told me if I went to that dealer they would tell me the car wasn't available or that it was only for a leased car). I never had to find out though, as one dealer went ahead and offered to beat that price and so I went with that dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ioniq Hybrid Limited, no tech pkg
The car was a loaner car so already had 2000 U.S. miles on it.
before trade-in, incentive, tax & other doc fees the car was $25.5k ish
also got a 3 free oil change which is $120 gift card, which later I used to buy the darn trunk cover.

0% financial should be readily available these days when you buy a new car, from any brand

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Limited with Ultimate package was $28,450 and then I got the $1k Uber discount and $500 off for my military service. I negotiated roughly $1k over dealer trade-in value on my old truck. I could have sold it myself but in Washington you get to pay sales tax on the difference between your trade and purchase so that would mean another $1200 I would have needed forba private party sale. I would have probably netted an extra $1k if I had sold it myself.

I also got the 0% interest program for 60-months on the balance.

I never buy any of the other dealer add-ons. If they won't take them out of the transaction I simply won't buy the car. If they see you emotionally attatched to the purchase they know how to turn the screws.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow, the cars are cheap in the US compared to the UK, and the guy that received a 500,000 mile powertrain warranty basically has a car for life.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow, the cars are cheap in the US compared to the UK, and the guy that received a 500,000 mile powertrain warranty basically has a car for life.
Purchase price is one thing. You usually have to pay sales tax when you title the vehicle. Add an additional 2K to the price for a 26-28K vehicle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sales tax is roughly 10% of the purchase price, depending where you buy. In Washington if you trade in a vehicle you pay the tax on then difference, not the entire purchase price. Title was about $160. Once you get out the door you always spend more than you anticipated.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts