·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Doesn't seem to make sense to get the hybrid if the electric range isn't an issue for you as the hybrid maxed out is $27,500 and with the EV being $32,500 - $7500 tax incentive=$25,000 you get the full EV for $2,500 less than the hybrid!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pricing is VERY competitive, especially as they are now giving a lifetime warranty on the battery. I'm having trouble finding details comparing the two trim levels, unless I assume that the "limited" comes with ALL the options which the web site lists as "available"...

Can't wait to test drive one, as on paper it's my next car (Ford C-max Energi lease is up on July 6)

·
Registered
189 Posts
what do you think of the price?

that looks cheaper than expected and quite aggressively priced relative to the prius
I think the price of the EV is great, and in fact was several thousand less than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be $33-35k for the base and go up a couple grand for the fully loaded. I'm a little disappointed with the price of the hybrid though. I thought it would be about $25k fully loaded. I had it in my mind that the difference between the fully loaded hybrid and base EV would have been around $8-10k. I'm glad it's not though since I'm more interested in the EV. Adding only $5k on top of the hybrid for a full EV is pretty mind blowing to me. Plus you get a couple of EV bonus exclusives.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the price of the EV is great, and in fact was several thousand less than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be $33-35k for the base.
Sure it couldn't have been anywhere near that high. The Tesla Model 3 will go on sale sometime next year for $35k and is by all means a far superior car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sure it couldn't have been anywhere near that high. The Tesla Model 3 will go on sale sometime next year for $35k and is by all means a far superior car.
The pessimist in me would have to disagree. The Model 3 will be "starting at" and "around" 35k (which means closer to 36k at a minimum), but I don't believe a set specific price, or what you get for it, is official yet. I've heard it's supposed to be the most basic of basic EVs you can possibly get. A Model S it is not. Every feature you'll want on it will cost something extra, so prepare to spend a lot more for the stuff that was included on the other Teslas. There's also the problem of them not even existing yet. ****, they haven't even finalized the cockpit/interior design last I heard. Real world, these won't be seen by much of the population until at least mid-2019, and a lot can change between now and then.

I am also very concerned about the quality and reliability of Tesla vehicles. While they are cool tech, they have a lot of issues, particularly for the small ratio of them that are out there. There's nothing about them that screams "superior". Tesla is going to be the new Apple. Overpriced s*** with a cult following willing to buy them. Just my opinion.

I like that the Ioniq's arrival is imminent, price is known, and it has so much tech, safety and convenience packaged in it. There's no way a fully loaded Model 3 is going to be $32,500 or even anywhere near it's starting guesstimate price of $35k. You're looking at over $40k for that, a full $7500 or more than the Ioniq. Before the Model 3 even arrives, Hyundai will have a 200-250 mile range Ioniq, or possibly even a completely new EV.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So, EV is now confirmed for sometime in April "Spring" instead of Winter listed on Hyundai USA's site now. Says the hybrids are available now, but are they? Anyone confirm any in stock anywhere? PHEV now Q4 2017, but web site still says "Winter" so Q4 really means Christmas at the earliest or early next year. Delays, delays, delays just as I thought! Source.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, EV is now confirmed for sometime in April "Spring" instead of Winter listed on Hyundai USA's site now. Says the hybrids are available now, but are they? Anyone confirm any in stock anywhere? PHEV now Q4 2017, but web site still says "Winter" so Q4 really means Christmas at the earliest or early next year. Delays, delays, delays just as I thought! Source.
Ya..I'm interested in the PHEV..and looks like major delays. Disappointing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts