Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
178 Posts
Is this actually doing anything to the car ECU firmware, or is it just the infortainment and cabin systems? I see reference earlier in the thead to consumption, but surely it isn’t updating any of the central systems?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Firmware and map 2020 is out!
I’ll get the links later tonight
I stumbled across them too, but still downloading. Just to clarify for other members, we are discussing EUROPE map only here.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It seems that the package doesn’t contain files for Hyundai. Only Kia.
Regarding maps. Not sure about software yet

·
Registered
155 Posts
Link to Europe map and software 2020 is HERE!
I haven't tried the software yet, so use software at own risk!
Its a torrent link, so you'll need some software for handling torrents!
Map doesn't work on my system as it says that it is not supported by my current software. Maybe I can't use it without updating the software?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey buddy . Yea latest map require newer software. And as far as I understood either map or software contained the wrong files. They were for Kia. At least the package from bolidenforum. Did you verify you have the Hyundai files ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey buddy . Yea latest map require newer software. And as far as I understood either map or software contained the wrong files. They were for Kia. At least the package from bolidenforum. Did you verify you have the Hyundai files ?
Actually not sure. I only downloaded the map as I don't want software update. And files in DATA folder are named the same as my old map, and when inserted it said my current software doesn't support this map .... so Kia only map? or I have to update software... which I don't know if I want to do because of "engineering mode"...
PS. didn't find it at bolidenforum but it does say Kia on the torrent files

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
The 2nd set of Ioniq maps for 2019 were named Kia_Gen5x_Map_2019_2.torrent and now the 2020 map seems to be named Kia_Gen5x_Map_2020.torrent so everything looks good naming wise.

I am downloading the 18.4GiB Kia_Gen5x_Map_2020.torrent file now but I will not be updating my Ioniq EV´s firmware to the latest one because I want to keep the Android system open for Newpipe etc.
So lets see if the 2020 maps work with my "old" AE_EV.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002 firmware.
Chances are slim because the word seems to be that the 2020 maps need the very latest firmware installed in the Ioniq.
Lets see.

The latest firmware and map versions as of today are:

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 2nd set of Ioniq maps for 2019 were named Kia_Gen5x_Map_2019_2.torrent and now the 2020 map seems to be named Kia_Gen5x_Map_2020.torrent so everything looks good naming wise.

I am downloading the 18.4GiB Kia_Gen5x_Map_2020.torrent file now but I will not be updating my Ioniq EV´s firmware to the latest one because I want to keep the Android system open for Newpipe etc.
So lets see if the 2020 maps work with my "old" AE_EV.EUR.SOP.006.5.181002 firmware.
Chances are slim because the word seems to be that the 2020 maps need the very latest firmware installed in the Ioniq.
Lets see.

It will not work for you too! I'm with the same firmware. I'm trying to make it work by copying only the map files ... will see how it goes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
From bolidenforum

Hello

everyone, it looks like the "Hyundai_Gen5x_Software" is actually the Kia software. The contents of the MD5 files reveal this. The IONIQ does not eat the SD card recorded in this way either. I would be happy if the correct files could be uploaded again, thank you.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts

Lets see.

What’s new pipe?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would love to see some sort of change log but we all know it’s random with Hyundai :p.

I am considering whether to let go of engineering mode or not. For now I only use it for abrp transmitter. And that I can use a obd dongle too.
And also I have a jailbroken iPhone with carbridge tweak. This opens op for CarPlay on the head unit. Where I can open any app from the head unit
I guess it all depends on whether the 2020 package gives the car a better experience or not.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts