Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just updated my EV Ioniq´s firmware to the latest one at home.
It is way easier than before, just download & copy stuff.

Here is how to do it:

1. Download the latest firmware (13.93GB) Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2
torrent: MEGA
direct: MEGA

2. Unpack the files to your PC and then copy all the files to a Micro SD card

3. Power on your Ioniq.

4. Remove the map Micro SD card from beneath the screen.

5. Insert the update Micro SD card.

6. When asked, accept the firmware update by pressing OK.

7. Wait patiently for the update to finish following the update info screens, updating will take about 10 minutes.

8. Remove the update Micro SD card and reinsert the map Micro SD card.

Enjoy your improved Ioniq :)

This firmware has new features:
  • LIVE charging stations (search in "near your position", "near destination", "near center" [of a city], "near cursor") with partial availability display and filter option by connection type
  • LIVE parking (option: "off the road" and "on the road") with cost display
  • Display of LIVE delays in the Navi
  • Heating: After the first test, the heater seems to warm up faster than the previous versions. When the vehicle was switched on, around 700W were immediately invested in the heater despite "driver only". After 60 seconds it was already 3.6kW. How the actual improvement turns out needs further investigation.
  • Bluetooth: Switching between different Bluetooth devices via icon possible
  • Telephony: Switching on a temporary private mode possible (hiding all synchronized contacts and call lists)
  • Audio settings: new graph for top view visualization, display of fader and balance values (e.g., H-2 L-R)

LIVE charging stations & LIVE parking infos:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Why do you update firmware this way? I just got 2019 Ionic EV Limited. Probably no updates for my car yet, but according to Hyundai AVN update document, they would post any updates for your car under MyHyundai.com. When you look at the vehicle menu you should see the Download link when available, then you follow the instruction that do not require any USB image burning (do not do it on your car SD card or you would loose all maps). When download is completed, just unzip and copy bunch of files to your car SD Card.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My UK Ioniq has all those new features from a service update six months ago. I read somewhere that like in the USA, The new Kona EV can update its software/maps live, so maybe they can add that technology to the Ioniq soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why do you update firmware this way? I just got 2019 Ionic EV Limited. Probably no updates for my car yet, but according to Hyundai AVN update document, they would post any updates for your car under MyHyundai.com. When you look at the vehicle menu you should see the Download link when available, then you follow the instruction that do not require any USB image burning (do not do it on your car SD card or you would loose all maps). When download is completed, just unzip and copy bunch of files to your car SD Card.
I have a 2017 EV w/o gps and have not gotten an update since I've gotten it. The dealership said there hasn't been an update whenever it's maintenance time but we all know that's not true. MyHyundai doesn't have a download section for my IONIQ. Instead there's a link that redirects you to a site where you can download map updates and "multimedia updates." The site says my VIN is invalid which I assume is because it doesn't have gps or an sd card slot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Johtokunta
Just received this message from another Forum.
The statement is from another member and not me.

"Just had this back from Hyundai UK
the latest software version has recently been released for all of our models. The version you have listed above is the latest available for the Ioniq EV. However we are experiencing some technical issues with these and expect to have this resolved within the next 2 weeks. Many thanks.
When I pressed them on "technical issues" I asked was it distribution or content and they said content so perhaps there is some tweaking to do".

I am monitoring my update for any issues and so far it is working fine, both Firmware and Maps. Perhaps if you find any issues with your update(s), you can post them here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Successfully updated to this version Ioniq EV 19MY today. Live chargers timeouts though traffic data is shown on the map.
Waiting for maps update now :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update is for all versions of the |oniq just updated my HEV with the attached update works fine just changes the version to HEV

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just updated my EV Ioniq´s firmware to the latest one at home.
It is way easier than before, just download & copy stuff.

Here is how to do it:

1. Download the latest firmware (13.93GB) Hyundai_EU_All_Software_2019-1.2
torrent: https://mega.nz/#!eKBwTK5S!59zeq7nZRwUq4wB6wzH1d5lJmfZW-En7iXoE7NN6KnY
direct: https://mega.nz/#!bLQDmaxT!GtKoWcmX2npEuWUCposzB1jlPDku9oXrpmiz4AK9poA

2. Copy all the files to a Micro SD card

Enjoy your improved [email protected]

Hello
After i downloaded the rar file unpacking and copy files to sd card this is the first step. Or copy the rar into the sd and there unpack.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
WatfordIoniq said:
I am monitoring my update for any issues and so far it is working fine, both Firmware and Maps. Perhaps if you find any issues with your update(s), you can post them here?
Only one so far. In previous version long-pressing the source-selection button on the steering wheel turned AV off.
Now it goes to the settings screen to configure said button sources.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Just contacted my dealer and they are going to update my firmware and maps later this week.
My next service is in 4000 miles ... I can wait until then . I fact I'll be doing nothing to my Ioniq until the warranty is up ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Colleagues,

I upgraded the firmware and the map.

Unfortunately the navigation sound is silent. I don't know where I messed up.

Have you any IDEA?
Thanks
Tom

1 - 20 of 118 Posts