Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have free updates for my Tom Tom satnav for 7 years. However, I can find nothing in my Ioniq Hybrid Premium SE books to tell me how to do this. Has anyone done it yet?

·
Super Moderator
1,400 Posts
I think I heard or read that this takes place during the annual maintenance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah it is supposed to done at the yearly maintenance.
I guess it could be done more often if you ask, but then you probably have to pay some.

Easy work though, its just an SD card below your screen.

·
Super Moderator
7,703 Posts
I do not know, but I suppose that you can update it via your wifi sys. Any more detailed Info?
unfortunately not, the only way to update maps is by dealer

i am nearly at 8000 miles so my service should be soon and i will see if they can do the map updates at that time

i will take a photo of the system information screen on the media unit and see if the map version changes

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was told that the map updates have to be performed by the dealer. The next map update for Europe is supposedly available from late February. The one that came with the car seems quite outdated.

·
Super Moderator
7,703 Posts
Here is my version infos (Ioniq Electric in Finland)

my hybrid has exactly the same firmware, maps etc

might be worth checking if you have the recall on the media unit the same as mine, as it looks like yours is identical

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks to all for your replies. I have since asked my Hyundai dealer who is "looking into it". If/when I get a reply I'll let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maps are in a SD card that can be taken off by yourself. The dealer told me you can update it on your computer (as far as you have an SD reader of course) or ask them when you go for maintenance. He plugged into my car in front of me. It came separate from the car instruction, so you may look in your car for the envelope and the additional instructions.
Hope this helps. Let me if you can make it work!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Marina,
Interesting infos! We should just understand a) where's the sd card located, is it on the cockpit? And b) where to download map updates from? Maybe from some Hyundai website or from TomTom? With what credentials?
So much curious, still waiting for my Ioniq ☺

·
Super Moderator
7,703 Posts
The sd card is below the screen.

Hyundai | Home | HERE
been here already, all the models say "see dealer for update" and the Ioniq is not even listed yet I di ping Hyundai an email and tweet a couple of months ago and nothing back

may prod again if nothing available from dealer thursday

·
Super Moderator
7,703 Posts
while my car was I for the media centre recall today I asked about the map updates, the tech was very helpful and said he was just downloading the most recent updates on the machine they use to update the SD cards he would see if the Ioniq was included

just before I left he came over just to let me know the Ioniq has map update available on the system but until it downloaded he couldn't give me more details

it is on my file to do when the car goes in for service in a few weeks time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My dealer said that the SatNav would update its map automatically. Not being wholly convinced by this I emailed Hyundai UK and they telephoned me yesterday to say that TomTom updates the map annually at around October time. If I contact my dealer then they will update the map free of charge. It will take about 40 mins. The caller also mentioned that the 7 years free updates has recently been increased to 10 years. So, I will contact my dealer early November and see what transpires. Watch this space.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just did my first real drive since getting the car this week. Driving along the 14 heading towards the M6 I was disappointed to find that the Catworth interchange road improvements have not been recognised on the sat nav. This change to the road has taken years but had been completed earlier in the year. So a shame that the sat nav is out of date. Could really do with a way of updating the maps much more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Navmaps outdating is a generic problem in all build-in navigation systems. If you want to be up to date the only way is google maps, and even then its not realistic to expect accurate data of less than a year old. Thats the way it is. So I suggest to take a look on Android Auto. Believe me, AA has a lot of other disadvantages over the Ioniqs satnav.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
21 Participants
Rene Scheffers
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing