Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hybrid Ioniq (not plugins) 2018 that has an original radio of 4.3 inches Part number 96180-G2500PG8 model Ac110G2GN (H13), for a 7-inch model 96160-G7400PGB Model ATBB0G7AN. After the installation works: Bluetooth (audio), steering wheel control and AM / FM Radio. But the USB port does not work (including the android auto) and the reverse camera.

The problem is that the original radio only has two connectors and the new one has 3, see photos, apparently the pinout configuration of the camera and the USB port changes, see photos for more detail.

Does anyone know what the USB / camera cables are in the car and in 7-inch radios?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!

I am exactly in the same situation as you. I also tested today the 7" unit and was exactly as Your case:

1-No recognized USB for Android Auto (I tested the 4.3" unit and recognized for files access, but with 7" it only "charges" the phone)

2-Reverse camera NOT recognized (this was the main reason because I choose re-instal the 4.3" unit, in orde to keep the reverse camera fuction).

3-The 7" unit appears that not recognizes that is connected to the car, since it shows the battery dicharge warning even if the car is running and even if the ICE is runniing too...also, noted that the display of energy flow works but no the drive statistics (no data appears)

4-Very strange that the date/time setting is greyed and not allow to set up, even if other buttons works like bluelink (but no service on my area)

5-Car diagnostics not alloed since not recognize that teh radio is connected to the car even that is working and playing music/fm radio and other functions...

I would like to ask iof you could solve in someway the issues or if may be someone around here may help with this case.

Thanks and best regards to all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So are these the units that also come w/navigation? I wouldn't mind doing something similar w/my 2019 plug-in. I choose the base model because I did not want a moon/sunroof and hate leather, but would've liked to have had navigation as an option. I wonder if it's just a matter of ordering a different wiring harness? There seem to be different antenna and cables options for navigation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!...

Well the 7" unit not sure if have navigation, but the really usefull feature is that have Android Auto, so you could use Waze and Maps from Google...

Funny issues are that in my country (Costa Rica) there no option (not even in the Limited edition here...) for SunRoof and I really like to have but nit even by special order... I finally choose a base edition on a promo price in my local dealer...

I made a check on wire harness optiins on online ioniq parts dealers and by the schematic and my first attempts to mod my ioniq, it seems somewhat hard to try to change the whole wire harness set for my version...

I'm by not considering 2 options... make a car harness adaptor (but need the pinout of the 3rd connector in the back of the 7" oem hyundai unit) or use a Chinese multimedia unit and try to sell eBay my 7" oem unit.

Best regards.

So are these the units that also come w/navigation? I wouldn't mind doing something similar w/my 2019 plug-in. I choose the base model because I did not want a moon/sunroof and hate leather, but would've liked to have had navigation as an option. I wonder if it's just a matter of ordering a different wiring harness? There seem to be different antenna and cables options for navigation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you do manage to make your own radio harness/adapter please let us know the wiring!

I looked up the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Ioniq on Crutchfield (https://www.crutchfield.com/Car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx) (US based Home & Car Audio Video store) to see they had any radios that would fit in an Ioniq and they don't recommend it. I've bought aftermarket radios from them and they've included all the necessary wiring and trims.

I would love to be able to add a stock Hyundai radio just for Navigation (the 2019 comes with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. Even better would be one of the Pioneer radios that are wireless based, between that and adding the wireless phone charging I would never need to plug in my phone for Waze or power.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
In UK the larger display units are used with the external amplifier. Could this explain the extra connections?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have a look here:

https://youtu.be/M6kmVK2AmTE

And the webstore:

https://estore.fsk.com.my/product/hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-8-inch-android-navigation-system

Might be an alternative for you to consider. I have the full size Nav version in my PHEV Premium SE, which comes with DAB so will not be changing mine.

Please note, I have no connection with the products shown here or the store. I don't know how reputable the company is or where it is based.
Wow an aftermarket full android head unit! I guess it might be a matter of waiting for a more US focused one. The one you linked has different AM/FM tuning than what I'm used to seeing here. I've also gotten used to being able to pull up Siri by hitting the button on the steering wheel and having SiriusXM when I'm in the middle of nowhere and need a break from the music on my phone. This is promising though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a hybrid Ioniq (not plugins) 2018 that has an original radio of 4.3 inches Part number 96180-G2500PG8 model Ac110G2GN (H13), for a 7-inch model 96160-G7400PGB Model ATBB0G7AN. After the installation works: Bluetooth (audio), steering wheel control and AM / FM Radio. But the USB port does not work (including the android auto) and the reverse camera.

The problem is that the original radio only has two connectors and the new one has 3, see photos, apparently the pinout configuration of the camera and the USB port changes, see photos for more detail.

Does anyone know what the USB / camera cables are in the car and in 7-inch radios?
Hi, i am trying to remove the head unit but i don´t have idea how to do it. Please, can you explain how you remove your head unit? Regards

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good Day guys, I'm a year late but I would like to do the 4.3" to 7" head unit upgrade. I'm not sure if you guys got it to work but I have the wiring diagram that explains the camera issue etc. I was told to buy a harness from Ali express and change the pins to match so it would work as for the USB, not sure.

Wire Harness

Unit I may buy
just to change the pins on the Ali express one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm having the same problem if some body can solve it please let me know. I have a ioniq with 4 inch radio and upgrade to 7 inch one. But know the cámara do not work. Please let me know if ssomebody can solve .

Regards

·
Registered
38 Posts

As in my post before on Connector A to the Head Unit there are some things to change
these pins need to be adjusted.
A6 is USB power that needs to be removed along with the A3 A4 A5. USB won't work with the 7" screen this way.
A20 needs to move to where A6 was This is camera power.
A32 needs to move where A20 was This is camera power ground
the other two pins (A7 and A21) remain the same and they are Camera Video signal no change needed here.

on the Connector B two pins need to be moved
Pin B32 needs to move to B33 This is vehicle IGN status it lets the Head-Unit know the car is on and it will allow for the hybrid screen to populate fully and stop the battery discharge warning
Pin B18 needs to move to A38 this is vehicle speed data and is used by the Head-Unit for the speed-dependent volume control and maybe other stuff

Image above is Aux/USB multimedia port wiring V1 which we have is left most pic V2 is what we need to upgrade too and is in the link below G2050.
Pins A3 to A6 are USB. This Head-Unit has its own port at the back for USB so these pins can be decommissioned.
A new AUX/ USB port and the USB cable is needed for android auto and USB access.
Aux port number and link :JACK ASSY-AUX & USB P/N96120-G2050
USB cable :USB Cable - Choice long move USB not the port

left most is old connector right is new connector
A1 to A7
A2 to A3
A3 to A1
A4 to A2
A8 to A4
A10 to A6
A11 to A9
A12 to A7

for aux to work you need to make your own wire harness with Toyota y cable
but the other end needs to be made to fit our standard aux/usb connector

Hope this help merry xmas

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, i am trying to remove the head unit but i don´t have idea how to do it. Please, can you explain how you remove your head unit? Regards
Get an s-hook or a very strong hanger (metal and the Thick kind)
place the hook in air-vent to the left and right of the head unit. there will be an indentation there place the hook there and pull with medium foce the bottom clips of the faceplace will release remove the face plate gently.

remove 4 screws around the head unit it pops out easy.

Refer to video remove head unit bear in mine our HU is one part unlike in Malaysia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I've recently bought a 2019MY Ioniq. Loving everything about the car, however the 4.3inch screen and the lack of Car Play/Android Auto is driving me nuts, so I decided to attempt the upgrade.

Thanks to all the detailed discussions in this forum (especially thanks to BTobias' posts) I was able to get half-way there. Having replaced the display unit and the USB wiring I got the Car Play to work, however I have no audio coming out through the speakers (neither through radio, nor BT, nor CP/AA).

I'm using an 8inch screen (96550-G2250) for the upgrade, as I could not find any 7inch units. Do you think this is the reason for having no audio? I remember reading somewhere an external amplifier may be required in such case.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all, I've recently bought a 2019MY Ioniq. Loving everything about the car, however the 4.3inch screen and the lack of Car Play/Android Auto is driving me nuts, so I decided to attempt the upgrade.

Thanks to all the detailed discussions in this forum (especially thanks to BTobias' posts) I was able to get half-way there. Having replaced the display unit and the USB wiring I got the Car Play to work, however I have no audio coming out through the speakers (neither through radio, nor BT, nor CP/AA).

I'm using an 8inch screen (96550-G2250) for the upgrade, as I could not find any 7inch units. Do you think this is the reason for having no audio? I remember reading somewhere an external amplifier may be required in such case.
For the 8" screen you need to get a wire harness adapter that connects to the HU and the required infinity Amplifier for audio.
i don't have links to the parts needed but the 8" requires the infinity audio amplifier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the 8" screen you need to get a wire harness adapter that connects to the HU and the required infinity Amplifier for audio.
i don't have links to the parts needed but the 8" requires the infinity audio amplifier.
Thanks BTobias!

I've found a Harman 96370-G5100 amplifier unit, which from what I understand would fit the Ioniq (image attached below for reference). Would you know how the wiring needs to look in terms of connectors, etc.? Any tips would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
you would need to get a wire harness adapter check ali express and see
No worries I'll do a bit of digging into that. All things considered though, it's starting to look like grabbing a 7inch version from an overseas seller might be simpler in terms of wiring than trying to cobble an 8inch unit together. Plus it's more cost efficient when you factor in the amplifier cost.

Thanks for your feedback BTobias!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts