Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2018 Ioniq and wish to ensure that the SatNav etc are all up-to-date.
Is it possible to do this myself or must it be done by a Hyundai dealer?
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
it is normal to get it done at the dealer at service, the satnag only has an official update once a year (march ish time)

most dealers will do things like that FoC if you can leave the car with them for about 1/2 day as the map updates can take several hours to download the update from hyundai

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying so quickly.
I thought everything would have been updated prior to my collecting the vehicle however the SatNav didn't recognise some of the roads on which I was driving. The next service won't be for sometime, is it possible to do it myself? If not I will need to ask if they can update everything before the service is due.
Thanks again for your help.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
you can check the firmware version on the menus of the satnav unit, should be as in this post current firmware Hybrid
the date code is the last 6 digits yymmdd so

Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.007.3.190314
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.332.190222.MCOM
Navigation: STD_AVN.MID.EUR. HMC.190102 8c96d9f
Map: EUR.11.47.52.542.101.2 (D.F2)

= firmware date 14/03/2019
= navigation date 02/01/2019

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The versions on my screen are as follows:
Software: AE_HEV.EUR.SOP.005.8.180125
Firmware: AE_HEV.EUR.0.5.290.180704.MICOM
Navigation: STD_AVN_MID.EUR.HMC.170927.a803344
Map: EUR.10.41.46.701.002.2(D.D2)
Are the updates part of the service or do I have to pay for them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to but in but Sat Navs do not always display roads accurately, near me there is a blocked off road yet the sat nav always wants me to go down it. If the road you was on was a new road then it might be added if not it has not been mapped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to but in but Sat Navs do not always display roads accurately, near me there is a blocked off road yet the sat nav always wants me to go down it. If the road you was on was a new road then it might be added if not it has not been mapped.
Thank you for your input.
I checked the date of the version installed on my car. It showed that it was installed in Sept 2017. I am going to contact the dealer from whom I bought it and ask for the updates to be installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts