Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
regarding the climate control if I have it on but I haven’t selected either the recycled or air from outside where does the air come from which is heating the car?

I too have started to find the LKA annoying and so have been turning it off but it keeps turning back on when I turn the car back on is there a way of permanently turning it off?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
regarding the climate control if I have it on but I haven’t selected either the recycled or air from outside where does the air come from which is heating the car?

I too have started to find the LKA annoying and so have been turning it off but it keeps turning back on when I turn the car back on is there a way of permanently turning it off?
Thanks
Not found any way of switching it off . I have a ritual when starting the car 1. Power the car up 2. Switch lane control off . 3 . Put in drive 4 . Set my preferred regen level 5. Off I go ( checking mirrors first of course ) . Really don't find it a problem :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
240 Posts
Doesn’t it default to air from the outside? This is a me being curious question, it is in no way meant to be sarcastic, why would you ever turn everything to do with ac/heat/airflow off anyway? Don’t you always have it on to promote airflow through the car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No that’s the think when I turn the heat or A.C. on I have to manually select outside air or recirculating air hence I’m asking if I don’t select it where does the air actually come from

·
Registered
110 Posts
If it works like most "auto" systems, it will - for efficiency - mostly recirculate initially so as to get the temperature more quickly to your required setting; after which it will either mix or flip to external.

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
24 Posts
One thing I'm noticing about my 38er is the difference in air quality between Ampera & Ioniq; Both, when on recirculate, seem to do this perfectly & no diesel stinks etc. But I'm sure there's a difference when selecting through-flow. I get the impression that Ioniq does very little recirculating in this mode, or if it does some, it's not doing anything like enough. I'm getting a lot of whiffs of diesel etc driving aroung in this mode, that I don't in my Ampera. Same roads. Ampera I think does just-enough through flow to keep the air fresh & dry, while recirculating as much as poss in order to minimise heating cost, as only has 10.6 kWh to play with. Ioniq, presumably using the heat-pump, feels like it's doing far less recirc.

The only other explanation I can think is that maybe the air-intake inlet is in a different place, maybe higher-up on Ampera? But I'm having to select full-recirc far more in Ioniq, than in Ampera. Just one of those tiny niggles...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi
If it works like most "auto" systems, it will - for efficiency - mostly recirculate initially so as to get the temperature more quickly to your required setting; after which it will either mix or flip to external.
this would probably make sense that’s for clearing that up I tend to manual select the buttons now as needed.

One thing I'm noticing about my 38er is the difference in air quality between Ampera & Ioniq; Both, when on recirculate, seem to do this perfectly & no diesel stinks etc. But I'm sure there's a difference when selecting through-flow. I get the impression that Ioniq does very little recirculating in this mode, or if it does some, it's not doing anything like enough. I'm getting a lot of whiffs of diesel etc driving aroung in this mode, that I don't in my Ampera. Same roads. Ampera I think does just-enough through flow to keep the air fresh & dry, while recirculating as much as poss in order to minimise heating cost, as only has 10.6 kWh to play with. Ioniq, presumably using the heat-pump, feels like it's doing far less recirc.

The only other explanation I can think is that maybe the air-intake inlet is in a different place, maybe higher-up on Ampera? But I'm having to select full-recirc far more in Ioniq, than in Ampera. Just one of those tiny niggles...
that’s werid I’ve not really noticed any smells coming from outside when I’m in recirculating mode might just be the air filter it self that needs changing?

also I’m having trouble with unlocking my car using the Bluelink app it always gives me an error it tells me to check igination and other things but I’m doing this when my car is off and lockdown and or charging but unable to do so

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would hope that selecting through-flow is just that 100% air from outside, why would it be anything else? The only place I would ever use recirc is somewhere like the Blackwall Tunnel, driving past a fire or a field when the harvest is in full swing creating a massive dust cloud, other than that I never touch it, and I drive 35,000 miles a year (including 10k on/inside the M25)

Bluelink doesn't open the doors in this country, it only locks them. There was a thread about it several months ago, I think the upshot was something to do with local regulations about the distance remote unlock can work over. Just use the fob, or walk up to your car and press the door button.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh I see it’s just that if I have left the keys somewhere I would like to use my phone as it’s always on me to open the car just to get something quickly after it rather than get the key but I’m guessing that’s not possible?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should be able to unlock the car with the app but only if you have locked it with the app. I have set utility mode to on and used the app to lock and unlock the car because the door button or the fob won't lock the car whilst it is on. My dog mode, before that was setting the remote climate control every 10-15 mins

21 - 31 of 31 Posts