Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2020 Ioniq and I am unable to setup the camera alert on the navigation I have looked to all the settings and can’t find it
I know you are meant to connect the car to the wifi but when I click on that setting WiFi is not available as it’s connected to Bluelink
I’m not sure what to do
Could someone help me out?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't. The Nav uses the built-in sim (Blue-link).
Oh I see so once I find the camera button the nav should point out the cameras?

also I have another question when I turn the heating of in my car after a while or driving along I start to get a cold breeze coming in is there anyway to shut it off?

·
Registered
2020, Ioniq PHEV Premium SE
60 Posts
Yes it does point out the cameras. It pointed out a mobile one on last Saturday so it's definitely using a live service - TomTom's I believe.

The vents will close by moving the slider/control all the way to the left I think, could be to the right. I also found the cold breeze a bit too much so just shut them off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it does point out the cameras. It pointed out a mobile one on last Saturday so it's definitely using a live service - TomTom's I believe.

The vents will close by moving the slider/control all the way to the left I think, could be to the right. I also found the cold breeze a bit too much so just shut them off.
Ok i’ll have a look at the camera bit tomorrow didn’t get a chance today

so I don’t actually have a slider thing on my EV it’s a 2020 model so I only have a touch button to recycle the air or get fresh from the outside so which one do I put it on? All the climate control in this car are touch buttons

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same. I actually meant closing the vent where the air exits.
Oh ok if I turn it from left to right all it does is direct the air to a different place.
but I feel is the cold air that’s come from underneath where my feet are how would I stop that?

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Firey Red
119 Posts
This is really my only beef with the car. I had issues with this also and the dealer was no help. They basically said its normal operation and if you turn the heater off and just use recirculation the air still flows over the element that is now cold and cools down the air. Even with the fans off I think air still gets forced through the system. The advice I got on here was to set the temp and leave on auto but I dont think that's what will get the best efficiency.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is really my only beef with the car. I had issues with this also and the dealer was no help. They basically said its normal operation and if you turn the heater off and just use recirculation the air still flows over the element that is now cold and cools down the air. Even with the fans off I think air still gets forced through the system. The advice I got on here was to set the temp and leave on auto but I dont think that's what will get the best efficiency.
That’s actually so annoying as without the heaters on and nothing running the car can get pretty cold very quickly. It’s like you have to have the heater on 24/7

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 2020 HEV and my ac settings are:

AC - On
Sync - On
Air direction - Fresh from outside
Fan speed - 2
Vent Settings - Screen and Feet
Centre Vents - Closed
Temperature - 19 or 20

I never use Auto and never turn the AC off. The car is draft free, dry and warmed, but not hot. Re circulation is only used if I’m going through the Blackwall Tunnel, or something similar, being turned on a couple of minutes before joining the queue and turned off 5 minutes after being out in the fresh air again.

Works for me. Other setting choices are equally valid.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 2020 HEV and my ac settings are:

AC - On
Sync - On
Air direction - Fresh from outside
Fan speed - 2
Vent Settings - Screen and Feet
Centre Vents - Closed
Temperature - 19 or 20

I never use Auto and never turn the AC off. The car is draft free, dry and warmed, but not hot. Re circulation is only used if I’m going through the Blackwall Tunnel, or something similar, being turned on a couple of minutes before joining the queue and turned off 5 minutes after being out in the fresh air again.

Works for me. Other setting choices are equally valid.
Ok thanks for that i’ll try that out just annoying that you get a cold draft when everything is off

do you leave the heat setting in as well as the A.C.?

So I had a look in the pizza button and then navigation settings but I couldn’t find an option for camera alerts not sure where to look I can send you a picture of the settings menu if that helps?
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi thanks I appreciate you going through the effort of doing this for me I appreciate it!
I’ve turned it on and I went pass a camera but I didn’t alert me it just showed up on my sat nav is there anyway I can turn the alerts on?

also with the Lane assist is there anyway I can turn the setting so that car does all the steering rather than just make small adjustments when I’m getting to close to the white lines?
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi thanks I appreciate you going through the effort of doing this for me I appreciate it!
I’ve turned it on and I went pass a camera but I didn’t alert me it just showed up on my sat nav is there anyway I can turn the alerts on?

also with the Lane assist is there anyway I can turn the setting so that car does all the steering rather than just make small adjustments when I’m getting to close to the white lines?
Thanks
Have you turned on the speed limit symbol? Mine was on from collection but not the camera. The speed limit flashed red and makes a sound. I've not had this turned off so I suspect this is the important bit.

As for the LKA, please search the site. There are many many discussions on it and LFA. For what it's worth I find it more irritating than useful but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you turned on the speed limit symbol? Mine was on from collection but not the camera. The speed limit flashed red and makes a sound. I've not had this turned off so I suspect this is the important bit.

View attachment 32866

As for the LKA, please search the site. There are many many discussions on it and LFA. For what it's worth I find it more irritating than useful but that's just my opinion.
I have a look at that setting when I get back in but it does show me the speed limit on my nav when I first got that car if that’s what your after?

I’m starting to find the LKA annoying now it doesn’t do the job it’s meant to be doing but i’ll have a look at them

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ok thanks for that i’ll try that out just annoying that you get a cold draft when everything is off

do you leave the heat setting in as well as the A.C.?

Yes, as I said I never turn the AC off and the temperature is set as stated along with the fan on two. That is how I drive all the time unless I decide to very something such as in the frost yesterday and today, I hit the screen button to get max airflow going up, whil;e I dealt with the ice outside.

May I ask what you expect the LKA to do? As it's name states, it is an assistant, not an autonomous sytstem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
At the risk of starting a whole new thread on the subject.

LKA will overreact far too often with the car and steering wheel jerking away from the "edge" of the lane. I will change the setting when I remember to vibrate or noise or whatever the other option is.

LFA may well work far better in other locations/countries where lanes are more easily detected by the camera and it's logic, however, the places I have driven in the UK its ability to follow a lane is so much more miss than hit that any benefit it is supposed to supply is simply outweighed by the need to constantly correct it's drifting, turning off and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being downbeat about the car and wanting to moan on since I find all other aspects work well.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
At the risk of starting a whole new thread on the subject.

LKA will overreact far too often with the car and steering wheel jerking away from the "edge" of the lane. I will change the setting when I remember to vibrate or noise or whatever the other option is.

LFA may well work far better in other locations/countries where lanes are more easily detected by the camera and it's logic, however, the places I have driven in the UK its ability to follow a lane is so much more miss than hit that any benefit it is supposed to supply is simply outweighed by the need to constantly correct it's drifting, turning off and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being downbeat about the car and wanting to moan on since I find all other aspects work well.
Pretty much sums it up fairly . The nature of the roads around my way make it unpleasant to use so I turn it off . BTW this applies to the LKA on my last car prior to the Ioniq too , so it's not a Hyundai thing . Only turn it on on long motorway journeys where there's a possibility of losing concentration . If the car corrects me too many times... time for a break :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts