Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My beloved PHEV is nearly a year old. My documents state the taxation class as NHSV. That meant nothing to me until I started to renew online and it was expanded to read "National Health Service Vehicle". Other than as a customer I have no connection with the NHS and anyway I have been retired for years. My dealer insists that that is what they have been told to do & if I contact the DVLA they will confirm that. (It does state NHSV) on the log book.

It does seem odd to me and by now surely a few PHEV's were on the road before me and I am wondering what their experience is? @BDG must have been there I think? Or if anyone else cares to examine their Registration Certificate.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My beloved PHEV is nearly a year old. My documents state the taxation class as NHSV. That meant nothing to me until I started to renew online and it was expanded to read "National Health Service Vehicle". Other than as a customer I have no connection with the NHS and anyway I have been retired for years. My dealer insists that that is what they have been told to do & if I contact the DVLA they will confirm that. (It does state NHSV) on the log book.

It does seem odd to me and by now surely a few PHEV's were on the road before me and I am wondering what their experience is? @BDG must have been there I think? Or if anyone else cares to examine their Registration Certificate.
Mine says "ALTERNATIVE FUEL CAR" it was registered 27/07/2017, and I parted with my £130 Vehicle Excise Duty on 1st july 2018

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, therefore as I suspected, despite their protestations, my dealer got the initial registration wrong.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is your car white? Does ithave a blue flashing roof light, and a stretcher in the boot?

·
Super Moderator
7,827 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is an expensive business being honest. £130 pa and continuing. When I suggested the same to the DVLA lady and said it sounds like a good scam she laughed and said I don't know how you got that tax class.

Clearly @SEvans , Southampton is more efficient than Guildford.

Additional paperwork now done and ready to send to Swansea. Looking at the form and seeing 1580cc reminded me of my first car a Riley 1.5 over fifty years ago. What goes around comes around.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Riley 1.5 was 1489cc. I learned to drive in one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My second hand Premium SE registered on the 29th Mar 17 has zero road tax and the next car had the £130 slapped on it..Bands changed 1st Apr 17. First the Gov wants to keep going greener and then taxes it afterwards..

·
Super Moderator
1,845 Posts
My second hand Premium SE registered on the 29th Mar 17 has zero road tax and the next car had the £130 slapped on it..Bands changed 1st Apr 17. First the Gov wants to keep going greener and then taxes it afterwards..
Do you mean the government that claims to support a greener future then reduces the EV grant and dumps the Plug In grant ? :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, that is the sorry point about this Gov, I am putting solar panels on my roof and will claim the last feed in tariff. I had thought about the plug in but the cost is a bit above my means.. My panels will be generally to supply the grid as my utility bills are below average..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts