Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
A quick one - any one taking delivery of Ioniq PHEV MY 2019 anytime soon?
I have one on order. Company car though so limited visibility on delivery date - we normally wait until a "Your car will arrive on Tuesday" email.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one on order. Company car though so limited visibility on delivery date - we normally wait until a "Your car will arrive on Tuesday" email.
Reason why I am asking is that I ordered my car end of July, however if I was to order now, delivery date would be pretty much same, according to my dealership and a couple others in NW. SO I am just wondering if it is "national" or "local" issue...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick one - any one taking delivery of Ioniq PHEV MY 2019 anytime soon?
I spoke with my stealer earlier this week and it seems like car should arrive in early December. We will see, it's going to be 4.5 months... not the worst but not the best lead time. Now all I have to do is to be patient :).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Although not a plug-in, I ordered my Hybrid 13th Oct. According to the dealer, it's due to be built on 29th November. The ship sets sail on 4th December and arrives at Tilbury 8th January. Dealer eventually gets it 21st Jan and I will finally get my hands on it around the 23rd Jan. Had I not been particular about colour and model I could have had one within a week or so. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Although not a plug-in, I ordered my Hybrid 13th Oct. According to the dealer, it's due to be built on 29th November. The ship sets sail on 4th December and arrives at Tilbury 8th January. Dealer eventually gets it 21st Jan and I will finally get my hands on it around the 23rd Jan. Had I not been particular about colour and model I could have had one within a week or so. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
I wish my dealer was as specific as yours. It took a serious chasing my dealer to get any information of them but to get any exact dates - ain't gonna happen :).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Luke, I would push your dealer again. I imagine he must have access to the same portal as mine in order to place your order in the first place.
Mine didn't offer this information.....I had to ask for it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luke, I would push your dealer again. I imagine he must have access to the same portal as mine in order to place your order in the first place.
Mine didn't offer this information.....I had to ask for it :)
They said "beginning of December" so have to take their word for it. When I asked if the car will be with me by the end of this year, that said "yeah, sure" - so I got delivery date pretty nailed - 1st Dec-31st Dec 2018 ;)

Sadly had similar experience withe every other dealer I bought a car from, so it must be some kind of a "standard" :nerd:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got an email this afternoon to tell me my delivery has been put back from the end of January to the end of February.
If that remains the case, then order to delivery time will have been 20 weeks. Very frustrating, but I'll just have to be patient.
As a bonus, I've asked them if it can now be a 19 plate (1st March). I await a response to that proposal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They said "beginning of December" so have to take their word for it. When I asked if the car will be with me by the end of this year, that said "yeah, sure" - so I got delivery date pretty nailed - 1st Dec-31st Dec 2018 ;)

Sadly had similar experience withe every other dealer I bought a car from, so it must be some kind of a "standard" :nerd:
I got a phone call a week and a half ago, that the car was supposed to be delivered end of last week, mid of this week. I have been chasing my dealer this week, but she does not call me back. Spoke with someone else in dealership, and only was told - car to be delivered in next 3-5 days, so end of this week, mid of next week. This is really annoying. On top of this I have some bad experience from the past (damaged car sold as perfectly fine) so it looks like I need to buy paint thickness gauge to check the car...

Anyway - looks like it is going to be my last Hyundai. I do not mind waiting however I do mind not keeping promises. If they have said - delivery in mid Jan 2019 far enough. I am used to under promise - over deliver, clearly my dealer/or Hyundai works to rather different standards.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Cannot edit my post, so here is some update - I should be collecting my car next Friday - happy days. North West - keep watching for white Ioniq PJ68 ... :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cannot edit my post, so here is some update - I should be collecting my car next Friday - happy days. North West - keep watching for white Ioniq PJ68 ... :)
Car collected. There was another Ioniq collected today (hybrid), white as well.

Pretty pleased with it (so far). Added a few miles to it already :). There is however some knocking noise coming from the back - will remove everything from the boot and see if it is not tailgate lock mechanism...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lucky you. Enjoy.
Mine Ioniq delivery has been brought forward, although I'm not holding my breath.
Apparently it was built yesterday and ships today, with delivery to my dealer on 1st Feb.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It won't be long before you get it delivered :)

A few small disappointments so far - lights seem to be of a short range (no comparison with my Superb HID) and no option to copy music to media unit :/. Also, strange knocking from the back is still apparent after removing all potential culprits of any noises. Hopefully lights need adjustment, I can leave with USB stick instead and I will be able to find the culprit for the knocking noise :).

But anyone who reads this topic and considers any hybrid/PHEV with CVT - do not go this route. DSG rules! I got a rental Toyota C-HR Hybrid earlier this week and whereas I liked the car a lot, I absolutely hated CVT. You can live with it but it is not a nice living >:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts