Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Collected mine today, was told by the dealer is 10k miles
The dealer has it wrong. Ask them to check their Hyundai service system. Mine also thought it was 10k based on the service log book but when they checked the system they found it was 20k and thsy corrected the documentation I signed as a result.

CJ

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
Has anyone managed to confirm if the breakdown cover continues if just the compulsory 2 year servicing schedule is maintained? Or is only one year added at each service so the optional services are required if you want to benefit from continuous breakdown cover? I have seen conflicting information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone managed to confirm if the breakdown cover continues if just the compulsory 2 year servicing schedule is maintained? Or is only one year added at each service so the optional services are required if you want to benefit from continuous breakdown cover? I have seen conflicting information.
My dealer told me that breakdown only renews when you have a service. But agree that the dealers seem to know less than we do! I too have never heard of an optional service.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
I was told that because the service interval is 2 years, then breakdown is supplied with the car for 2 years from new and will be renewed for 2 years at the first service. But also heard that the optional services are required because only 1 year breakdown is supplied at a time. I wonder if it is all so new that actually nobody has thought this through at head office and so there is no policy decided yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't know why people think it is 20k or 2 years? The service book clearly says for petrol, hybrid and electric cars it is 10k/1 year. It's only 20k/2 years for diesel cars. Hyundai have done electric cars for a long time, why would this one be any different for servicing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know why people think it is 20k or 2 years? The service book clearly says for petrol, hybrid and electric cars it is 10k/1 year. It's only 20k/2 years for diesel cars. Hyundai have done electric cars for a long time, why would this one be any different for servicing?
evidence from Hyundai's UK service plan website:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
The book is wrong. There is an update bulletin to dealers explaining. It is 100% officially confirmed that the servicing is 2yrs, with an "optional" check at one year. All confirmed if you look at a service plan quote on the Hyundai website.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do we know what's included in the optional services? I guess for the money they can't be much more than brief inspections to make sure nothing is falling / has fallen off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Useful post thank you. I too was told yearly / 10k and went to the serviceplan website as you suggested. Looks like I need to flog it in 3 years 11 months. Does anyone know if the 'service plan' quote will be cheaper than just booking it via a dealer (a few quid makes no difference but if it's loads I'd consider the plan). Cheers.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
Useful post thank you. I too was told yearly / 10k and went to the serviceplan website as you suggested. Looks like I need to flog it in 3 years 11 months. Does anyone know if the 'service plan' quote will be cheaper than just booking it via a dealer (a few quid makes no difference but if it's loads I'd consider the plan). Cheers.
I was told the service plan is at today's service prices and is available with or without the optional services. So the only benefit is it takes away inflation but there is no discount to today's prices. Eg that 4 year service at approx £450 might cost £550 in 4 years time with price rises to materials and labour. If keeping for 3yrs you only need one service and the price is quite low so probably no point with the plan. Including the 4th yr service cost may make the plan more worthwhile but who knows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told the service plan is at today's service prices and is available with or without the optional services. So the only benefit is it takes away inflation but there is no discount to today's prices. Eg that 4 year service at approx £450 might cost £550 in 4 years time with price rises to materials and labour. If keeping for 3yrs you only need one service and the price is quite low so probably no point with the plan. Including the 4th yr service cost may make the plan more worthwhile but who knows.
I didn't bother with a service plan either, same reasoning as Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking at the prices the optional service is about £3 more in year 3, the only thing that would explain that is inflation! Adding up the total costs and payments it actually works out more expensive to buy the plan directly from Hyundai. When I got the email it shows a management fee of £1.25 a month. I really don't know why anyone would ever take out one of these plans when the costs are low. I actually find the marketing about 0% Apr disgraceful as at no point are we borrowing money we are prepaying and giving them an interest free loan.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do we know what's included in the optional services? I guess for the money they can't be much more than brief inspections to make sure nothing is falling / has fallen off.
And all the software updates because Hyundai decide not to do OTA updates.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you buy a service plan from HUK it is transferable or you can cancel for a refund if the sell the car (I believe)
If you buy a plan from the dealer it is only useable at that dealer and you can't cancel for a refund (I believe)

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I got my P45 a couple of weeks ago my dealer told me it was yearly intervals with the first costing around £59 second year around £145 and third year around £250, he said they were waiting for confirmation but was pretty positive the costs will be pretty close to those quoted but I will ask him today to email me confirmation and give an update later, I wasn't asked to sign a service plan and didn't they will get in touch when it's due as they did with my Ioniq Hybrid. Also don't forget if it was every two years you would still have to go for an MOT three years from the date of first registration

21 - 40 of 47 Posts