Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is old news.

My local Hyundai dealer kept his word and has advised:

“I have just had confirmation of the Service schedule and costs.
So intervals are every 2yr/20k whichever comes soonest and the first service is approx. £158.”

Great to see it is actually a two year interval (up to 20,000 miles…)

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cool ,thanks for that - picking up mine tomorrow, Tuesday. Have asked about service plans but as we will prob only have two or three services than it seems not needed to use plan especially as the garage will only touch the car every two years.

CJ

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat Estate Diesel (omg!)
274 Posts
That's strange because ICEs also have a 30k km / 20k mi service window , although once a year at least too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fantastic thanks for confirming, the garage I bought from have been hounding me about a service pack and insisted it would be the same as the kona. It's great that it's so cheap although I do want the software updating so I may have a look to see if it possible to do it myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hm, in Norway we just received an email about service interval updated to 30kkm/1 year. I wish it were 2 years. Also, the big question is how expensive will the first big service be, the one including battery coolant (every 3 years I believe)...

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer told me one year intervals and that the first year would cost around £60, but that they were waiting on confirmation of service plans from Hyundai. Has anyone had anything official they can share on service intervals?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer told me one year intervals and that the first year would cost around £60, but that they were waiting on confirmation of service plans from Hyundai. Has anyone had anything official they can share on service intervals?
Service plans are available on line. This is what it looks like based on 4 years and 12k miles/year:
Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Years 1 and 3 are optional.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's helpful, thank you - I've been searching for Ioniq 5 service intervals and not finding anything definitive, but have now found this searching for service plans (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I‘m hopefully getting my 5 end of November, but maybe earlier, the last service on my ICE car was approaching £1000, but that did include some bits that needed replaced, so those costs are very welcome, free would have been more welcome though, the ICE car is becoming expensive to run, but it is 10 year old, and we have just sold wife’s car, this means that we will become a 1 car family as we’re now both working from home 😀

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK. There is an issue with this announcement which my dealer has confirmed to be correct. The Service Log book has interval at 10,000 miles!!! This is going to cause a BIG issue when coming to sell the car to anyone other than a Hyundai dealer as it will look like car does not have full service history. Webuyanycar.com would certainly think that given the way they checked out the service log when I sold my Mitsubishi PHEV. Hyundai UK are going to have to issue new Service Log Books. I am going to contact them about this issue.

CJ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting point, I didn't realise that cars still had physical service log books though. As an aside, what happens with WBAC if the service logs are only visible via a menu in the car, as in the BMW I've had for six years?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Question for the others leasing - would you be considering the optional yearly service?

My gut instinct is to ignore it but I've never had a car before that had an "optional" service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Question for the others leasing - would you be considering the optional yearly service?

My gut instinct is to ignore it but I've never had a car before that had an "optional" service.
I was advised that ignoring the optional servicing will not affect the lease (this was the dealer referencing Hyundai PCH rather than other leading organisations).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting point, I didn't realise that cars still had physical service log books though. As an aside, what happens with WBAC if the service logs are only visible via a menu in the car, as in the BMW I've had for six years?
is there some sort of online portal for BMW? currently selling a Mercedes and the only way to get proof of service history is online using the Mercedes me system.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts