Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the info below and currently trying to verify from a 2nd source, but I think these are correct
MY19 UK spec details, including the following:

Towing pack for Hybrid and Plug-In (braked towing capacity 750kg and 40kg vertical load)
Phoenix Orange replaced with Lava Orange
Marina Blue replaced with Intense Blue
Driver alert available on all powertrains
and from what I am hearing

MY19 Hybrid will be around August and the Plug-In around October, no info of EV yet

·
Registered
494 Posts
So will that lovely Marina Blue:

become a collectors' item with a high resale value

become dated as an out of date colour and not wanted

really not matter at all?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
MY19 = Model Year 2019 I suppose. I kept away from this thread for a long time because I could not understand the title. Even tried Google, who led me to a page about the fantastic new Volvo, which I almost ordered in pure frustration. Acronyms :(

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
So the "rumours" i posted about Marina Blue being replaced with Intense Blue was correct.

Can I change my name to GrumpyKnut, at least for tonight?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
So the "rumours" i posted about Marina Blue being replaced with Intense Blue was correct.

Can I change my name to GrumpyKnut, at least for tonight?
Can't you be grumpy all the time if your posts are right. At least you now have a limited edition marina blue PHEV.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Interesting how there is still no information about the 2019 EV version. It really makes you wonder what is happening and if they are even going to be delivering them anytime soon.
There is plenty of information spread about the net on the MY2019 EV.
It's just not clear whether any of them are correct...

>:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have to say, I'm surprised that Hyundai hasn't provided more info on th MY2019 IONIQ EV. The IONIQ is a very desirable car, that is in very short supply and huge demand. All this uncertainty will surely discourage potential buyers who will go for other more "known" options. If the car is going to be released this year, that means that parts/spec must already be finalised and the production line is getting ready. So why not release the spec? I think that they are making a huge misstep on this one. Other companies are touting cars that are nothing more than a concept, yet Hyundai who already have the in production car wont release details. The conclusion that some might reach, is that the new model is inferior to the current.

Love or like Tesla, you have to agree, their open attitude has worked for them.

OB

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have to say, I'm surprised that Hyundai hasn't provided more info on th MY2019 IONIQ EV. The IONIQ is a very desirable car, that is in very short supply and huge demand. All this uncertainty will surely discourage potential buyers who will go for other more "known" options. If the car is going to be released this year, that means that parts/spec must already be finalised and the production line is getting ready. So why not release the spec? I think that they are making a huge misstep on this one. Other companies are touting cars that are nothing more than a concept, yet Hyundai who already have the in production car wont release details. The conclusion that some might reach, is that the new model is inferior to the current.

Love or like Tesla, you have to agree, their open attitude has worked for them.

OB
I think here might be some developments in the traction battery spec which Hyundai have yet to finalise

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
colours attached

I have some more info but trying to confirm it form another source

it seems the towing rating is only with a "towing pack" so now the hunt is one to confirm what difference the towing pack has

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hyundai's orange just keeps getting redder doesn't it ? :)
Perhaps that because they can't meet demand.

If they still have this chronic battery shortage I can't see the point of getting folks salivating about an EV that can't be delivered.

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder if they are at the end of a supply contract and a new contract in place for better volumes now they have a better idea of demand, if so hopefully they will have fewer delays

but then again it could be more bacon will take flying lessons, time will tell

·
Registered
539 Posts
Perhaps that because they can't meet demand.

If they still have this chronic battery shortage I can't see the point of getting folks salivating about an EV that can't be delivered.
At this point I don't have any faith in Hyundai in delivering any significant numbers of BEVs on time. Been waiting for mine for 7 months and counting in Canada and while I'm hopeful for some positive changes in the MY2019 stated in this thread, I'm not holding my breath. Sooner or later I'll just pull the plug and cancel my order if I don't hear anything. At that point I'll either end up waiting another time for the Kona EV (still a Hyundai) or defect to some other company that can actually deliver.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think here might be some developments in the traction battery spec which Hyundai have yet to finalise
Doesn't the home country (South Korea) get the latest tech first and then roll them out worldwide?

@JejuSoul mentioned in the other thread at the Jeju EV Expo in SK he attended, that the 2019 Ioniq EV on display had no significant range improvement. He did mention though that Hyundai announced that they would eventually be moving all their EV models to their new two battery setup (39.2 kwh / 64 kwh). When he asked a Hyundai sales guy on the floor, that sales guy guessed one would see an improved Ioniq by MY2020...but he's just a sales guy...

Source: http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/349489-post6.html

1 - 20 of 48 Posts