Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quote for a lease from Richmond Motor Group in Guildford after a test drive over the weekend:

IONIQ Premium SE EV in a metallic colour, 2 year lease, 10,000 miles per year, £2000 deposit: £360 per month

That's significantly higher than the monthly I was quoted for a Kia Soul EV (£212 with 2k down) and a BMW i3 (£280 with 1400 down), both of which are similar list prices.

I've gone back to the dealer to double check, but has anyone heard anything different, or got any lease company recommendations?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so!

It's for contract hire, not purchase.

I'm a sole trader but not VAT registered, not sure if that makes a difference.

Maidstone contact would be handy – thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't PM reply (too few posts), but thanks for your message. Definitely after the EV, so I guess there's probably no point in talking to him?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
looking on https://www.contracthireandleasing.c...hyundai/ioniq/

10k miles, 2 year, 6 month up front (about £2400) is coming out at around £415 including VAT

so the deal you are being offered looks good if it includes VAT slightly high if excluding VAT

but going through one of those type of leasing companies you would be unlikely to get the free home charger, but worth asking

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you get on with negotiating with your salesman? As it's such a new car are they offering much? I was expecting to get them to chuck in metallic paint (especially if I go for the Orange one that's currently on its way to them –*not sure if it'll be a popular colour), but is there much other movement to be had, especially with leasing?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
very few offers on at moment, not event any discounts on sites like carwow

my understanding is demand seems to be bigger than supply so no need for dealers to give much in discount

even if you look on autotrader or parkers the ex demo's are virtually full price

the next quarter starts in january and that is the date any offers or discounts may appear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts