Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
P45 gravity gold.
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apparentley there鈥檚 no other updates that are available, yet to check and see if it鈥檚 changed charging schedule so you don鈥檛 hav to set evry time you want to charge馃え

Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD 72.6kWh + tech + eco [MY22.5]
Thanks for the info @Cornwallmad ! Do you own your car privately or is it through a leasing company?
Reason I ask is mine is leased (LeasePlan), so I wonder if it will be me or LeasePlan who get the letter, and if the latter, how long it'll take for them to inform me...!

Registered
If you put your registration on here and your model has the recall, it'll let you know and tell you to contact your dealer to arrange the fix. You don't have to wait for the letter.

Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
From recalls in other regions it's the P park function on the gear selector that is the issue and could disengage. The separate Electronic Parking Brake (the toggle switch) is fine and should be used at all times when parked until the fix for the P button on the gear selector is applied.

In short the Electronic Parking Brake is functioning ok and use it.

Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD 72.6kWh + tech + eco [MY22.5]
If you put your registration on here and your model has the recall, it'll let you know and tell you to contact your dealer to arrange the fix. You don't have to wait for the letter.
Thanks, this was really handy! All booked in for 30th June, Hyundai say they want to keep the car for the whole day as the updates can take longer than expected which is going to be a pain :ROFLMAO:

Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
Just took my p45 in today for update for handbrake recall apparently the letters are going out but just happened to go in about something else and was asked to bring the car in to have the update 馃槉 took about half an hour for dealer to do .so get ready 馃憤
Was it the Park feature or the Hand Brake that was fixed? I have not heard of an issue with the Hand Brake (Parking Brake) except for Hyundai saying to use it in case the Park function fails. Thanks

Registered
P45 gravity gold.
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was it the Park feature or the Hand Brake that was fixed? I have not heard of an issue with the Hand Brake (Parking Brake) except for Hyundai saying to use it in case the Park function fails. Thanks
Not totally sure but service manager said hand brake. I don鈥檛 think he was sure himself 馃き

Registered
Teal ULTIMATE AWD + Tech + Eco Packs
Not totally sure but service manager said hand brake. I don鈥檛 think he was sure himself 馃き
Booked my car in for recall on 28th June. The service manager said it was a "Parking" prawl issue that is fixed with software change. He also added that the problem is only likely to happen in areas with high humidity so shouldn't be a problem in UK but Hyundai have to implement the fix everywhere. Advised to always use the electronic parking brake as well as putting car into "P".

Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
Booked my car in for recall on 28th June. The service manager said it was a "Parking" prawl issue that is fixed with software change. He also added that the problem is only likely to happen in areas with high humidity so shouldn't be a problem in UK but Hyundai have to implement the fix everywhere. Advised to always use the electronic parking brake as well as putting car into "P".
didn't get any notification from Hyundai Ireland but most likely they'll apply it during the service

Registered
Teal ULTIMATE AWD + Tech + Eco Packs
didn't get any notification from Hyundai Ireland but most likely they'll apply it during the service
I didn't get any notification from Hyundai (yet?) but as per an earlier post I looked up my car registration on DVLA where the recall was notified. As I park on a steep drive I was interested in the possibility of the car rolling away and contacted my local Hyundai dealer.

Registered
When checking earlier this year on the German website:

It was showing two outstanding software updates. So I booked the car in and had these done by the dealer.

A couple of months later, the website was showing the charging port door update, which made sense because this update was released after I had the previous updates done at the dealer.

However, when checking today to see if the parking brake recall is showing on the website... it now says that there are no outstanding software updates for my car:

"Keine R眉ckrufe und Serviceaktionen f眉r Ihr Fahrzeug" (No recalls and service campaigns for your vehicle)

Which is odd... where did the charging port door update go?

Anyone else has their car showing on the German website as no outstanding updates?

Registered
2021, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate 73KWh RWD
I called at my dealers yesterday and they knew nothing of the recall & could find nothing on their system!
Hyundai customer service knew nothing of the recall either!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts