Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1291 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow - 10months is significantly longer than I was advised....hopefully its quicker than that for both of us.
Unfortunately my dealer in the Isle of Man isnt the best at communicating whats going on or what my available choices are....you only seem to speak to sales reps who then have to speak to managers and come back to you which takes forever and you only seem to get the sales speak back....rather than anything concrete.
My dealer advised that many other dealers would be giving estimates of 4-6 months, but then come up with lots of reasons for delays later, and I should expect 11 months or longer. Funnily enough, the day after I placed my order, the other dealer I'd been speaking to called to change their own estimate from 6 months to 9.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I ordered a 73kwh 2wd Ultimate at the back end of march.....been told August build date with november delivery from the dealer.....looking at whats going on with everyone else on here I doubt those timeframes are realistic.....

The only option I could add at the time of ordering was V2L so now I'm wondering whats going to happen with my order given the apparent move to MY2023 and the availability of the ECO & Tech pack now....and how that would impact my order?

Does anyone have an idea what I can expect in terms of spec?
I ordered my ultimate tech 22.5 (with the batery warmer/heater) at the end of Feb. The dealer came straight out with it and gave me an est. delivery of mid-Jan 23 (none of this 4-6 months then pushing back, and back). I had an email from them last week stating that as my car hadn't yet been allocated a build month, I am being given the larger 77.4kwh batery and smart frequency dampers. They called it the 22.75 version. No extra cost and the est. delivery date remains mind-Jan 23. I'm not holding my breath!

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey Delivered
384 Posts
dumb question.

where do you folks add the tech/eco packs and go from RWD to AWD? where do you make these selections?

on the Build you Car page, all i get is model, engine size and colour options!

You can't you have to speak to dealer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just heard from my dealer car is due at Tilbury 28th June...won't hold my breath. Dealer says they
should have car 11th July. What are the odds that I will have car by 19th when I go on my trip to Spain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
dumb question.

where do you folks add the tech/eco packs and go from RWD to AWD? where do you make these selections?

on the Build you Car page, all i get is model, engine size and colour options!

It seems like the online configurator has changed several times and doesn't always show all available configurations.

I ordered mine through a work lease deal and the only option unavailable was the AWD due to production halting. I can't wait for Jan to come round and find out what will actually be delivered... :LOL:

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey Delivered
384 Posts
It seems like the online configurator has changed several times and doesn't always show all available configurations.

I ordered mine through a work lease deal and the only option unavailable was the AWD due to production halting. I can't wait for Jan to come round and find out what will actually be delivered... :LOL:
The UK one is rubbish always has been.

If you want to see how it should be done look at the Genesis webpage, i know its their luxury brand but they could at least copy some of it!

·
Registered
IONIQ5 72.6kWh Ultimate tech RWD in Digital teal green. Now not on a boat - and not due in April :-(
83 Posts
Am sure I've read it somewhere, but cannot find where.
Does anyone know if there is a definitive set of dates for when the MY22 builds stop and moves to MY22.5, then when they'll start production of MY22.75?
My salary sacrifice company are as useful a chocolate teapot, so hopefully someone has some idea.

I ordered in November, Ultimate and Tech. Now have an alleged build of July and delivery is September!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am sure I've read it somewhere, but cannot find where.
Does anyone know if there is a definitive set of dates for when the MY22 builds stop and moves to MY22.5, then when they'll start production of MY22.75?
My salary sacrifice company are as useful a chocolate teapot, so hopefully someone has some idea.

I ordered in November, Ultimate and Tech. Now have an alleged build of July and delivery is September!
I ordered a Ultimat tec MY22.5 at end of feb 22 and was given a deliver of mid-jan 23. I received an email from the dealer last week saying that as mine hadn't been built yet I will be getting a MY22.75 and the delivery date wil remain the same. I assue therefore that the MY22.75's will start production later this year.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD Galactic Grey with Tech pack
12 Posts
Mines been sitting at the dock for 8 weeks now :(
Thats horrendous! I cannot fathom how bad the journey to get a car is at the moment, manufacturing delays you can stomach but 8 weeks at a dock is madness, whether there is recall issues to sort or not how can it take that bloody long!!

·
Registered
Cyber Grey Ultimate RWD (73) with Tech Pack
8 Posts
Thats horrendous! I cannot fathom how bad the journey to get a car is at the moment, manufacturing delays you can stomach but 8 weeks at a dock is madness, whether there is recall issues to sort or not how can it take that bloody long!!
I believe our cars are due to dock around 9pm tonight on the Glovis Spring (Grand Pavo went to Belgium).

4 weeks I could just about understand but 8 weeks at port is a joke! 😠

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe our cars are due to dock around 9pm tonight on the Glovis Spring (Grand Pavo went to Belgium).

4 weeks I could just about understand but 8 weeks at port is a joke! 😠
Sure Hyundai fleet said my car got on a boat on the 16th May so i think mines either on the Grand Pavo or on Glovis Comet! Pavo is due in Tilbury after Antwerp at around midnightish tomorrow. Comet is a good 2-3 weeks away yet as it is stopping at every port imaginable!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted Hyundai "supply" yesterday, to see if I could get an update on delivery.
I was told that the car was "at sea", it had left Korea last month, and that it has a VIN number. So the information was likely to be "real".
But couldn't get any more info' out of them.
How do people get more detail, like what ship it's on, when will the ship dock?
They also said that the dealer should have the access to the same information that they have.
I find it really frustrating that after waiting since November 2021, I can't get any precision on when I'm likely to get the car.
I'm away from home base a lot, often in areas with very poor mobile coverage, and I really need to plan to be at home when the car is ready and have the cash I need in my current account.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I contacted Hyundai "supply" yesterday, to see if I could get an update on delivery.
I was told that the car was "at sea", it had left Korea last month, and that it has a VIN number. So the information was likely to be "real".
But couldn't get any more info' out of them.
How do people get more detail, like what ship it's on, when will the ship dock?
They also said that the dealer should have the access to the same information that they have.
I find it really frustrating that after waiting since November 2021, I can't get any precision on when I'm likely to get the car.
I'm away from home base a lot, often in areas with very poor mobile coverage, and I really need to plan to be at home when the car is ready and have the cash I need in my current account.
I went through a very similar process to yourself and decided to call my dealer and request an update from them.

My dealer actually sent me a screenshot of their order portal which showed me the date my ship departed Ulsan, along with dates for expected arrival at Tilbury, compound in/out dates etc and a speculative date of dealer drop off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So i rang Hyundai Fleet again yesterday to see whether they were telling the truth on the ETA for the boat to land at Tilbury and they did in fact advise that my car was now on land!

Worth noting though that instead of the standard '2 weeks from dock to dealer' that never seems to be adhered to, they have actually said that i would still be looking at mid July before receiving the car so maybe they finally realise that its taking at least a month at the moment!! So i would imagine anyone who had their cars on Glovis Spring and Grand Pavo would be looking at similar dates to receive their cars!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So i rang Hyundai Fleet again yesterday to see whether they were telling the truth on the ETA for the boat to land at Tilbury and they did in fact advise that my car was now on land!

Worth noting though that instead of the standard '2 weeks from dock to dealer' that never seems to be adhered to, they have actually said that i would still be looking at mid July before receiving the car so maybe they finally realise that its taking at least a month at the moment!! So i would imagine anyone who had their cars on Glovis Spring and Grand Pavo would be looking at similar dates to receive their cars!!
Did the same thing, vehicle confirmed as on UK soil as of the 16th June. Dealer drop off now showing 12th July.

1201 - 1220 of 1291 Posts