Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1291 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how deliveries are going in the UK? I ordered the AWD premium in July. Was told October but for the last month update has been the vehicle is built and waiting VIN.

anyone receiving AWD or still RWD only?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD Ultimate Tech+Eco Cyber Grey
89 Posts
I received my AWD at the start of October from an order placed in May. I don't think there's many non-P45 AWD over here yet though, the majority being built seem to be RWD. If yours is built and just awaiting the VIN allocation it shouldn't be too long.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. You did well to get yours that quickly! Do you know where they are being built? They can’t tell me if mine is in Germany or South Korea.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the reply. You did well to get yours that quickly! Do you know where they are being built? They can’t tell me if mine is in Germany or South Korea.
I'm pretty sure all UK cars are built in the Ulsan factory in South Korea. When I placed my order, the dealer estimated September / October so it was bang on schedule, but it did come as a surprise considering everything I read said the factory was concentrating on producing RWD for the time being.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was surprised that they said mine has been built as as you say, it seems they’re focusing on the RWD. If mine is still in the factory, shipping from Korea is surely 3-4 weeks?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I was surprised that they said mine has been built as as you say, it seems they’re focusing on the RWD. If mine is still in the factory, shipping from Korea is surely 3-4 weeks?
I would say more like 6-8 weeks from my own experience. If you get it this side of Christmas you'll have done well TBH.

·
Registered
Ioniq5 Ultimate AWD + Eco pack
60 Posts
I ordered an AWD Ultimate + Heat pump towards the end of July. The last update I had was it should be in the UK middle of Nov and ready the first week of Dec? No benefit in getting out of shape, my 3yo Skoda seems to be going up in value every month :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Someone shared the latest ship status update the other day - anyone have that? My dealer reckons 6th November into port but doesn’t look like any ships due into Tilbury that day

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, waiting for Ioniq 5
816 Posts
Anyone know how deliveries are going in the UK? I ordered the AWD premium in July. Was told October but for the last month update has been the vehicle is built and waiting VIN.

anyone receiving AWD or still RWD only?
From a video of the manufacturing process, I believe the VIN is engraved onto the Power Electric System (motor, et al.). See video linked below, Ioniq 5 Production Process, at about 1 minute. So if it is manufactured it has a VIN.

1 - 20 of 1291 Posts