Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

McDonald’s is to install hundreds of charging points for electric cars at its sites across the UK.

Through a partnership with electric vehicle charging network InstaVolt, McDonald’s will introduce ports in the car parks of its drive-through restaurants where customers can charge their electric cars........

·
Registered
369 Posts
With InstaVolt you can pay using a contactless card.

The bad news is it's 35p a unit at our local Booths grocer, where 12-15p might be available at home. I have yet to see a car plugged into any of the 4 chargers but there are 4 comments on Zapmap over the last 4 months.

I will be sticking to charging at podpoints at L'pool shopping park and visiting the McD's there. My PHEV can use these. I suspect the InstaVolt Chargers will only suit the EV.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Paying by contactless card is the way ahead.

There is no need for a mobile phone and an App.

We need competition, than the price will come down, the operators will be paying much less than 15p a unit for the electricity.

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric Premium SE 28kw 2019
17 Posts
Any news of extra charging points is good news.
I have not used Instavolt yet but I believe they are reliable and fast, easy to use with contactless debit card.
The 35p per kw still works out a lot cheaper than petrol so I would use them on occasion.

Like it has been said, weird fit.
Sorry to stereotype but the majority of MackeyD customers are not likely to be driving an EV. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts