Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to pass along a couple of interesting rebates that I came across since I leased the Ioniq electric in November. No affiliation, and I cannot answer any questions. Several of us have received the National Grid rebate:

NY only (and only "upstate, NY"), possibly Rochester?/Syracuse to Albany? National Grid is giving out 50 $500 gift certificates. I have no idea how many are left.
https://marketplace.nationalgridus.com/pages/ev-advisor Buy an Electric Vehicle and get $500 - Electric Vehicles (EVs) are fun to drive, better for the environment, and a great long term investment. Purchase an EV before the end of year and get a $500 prepaid gift card from NationalGrid. I think you also have to be a National Grid customer. Some reported 2 days, mine took a week.

U.S. only - This one looked a little odd to me, but some reported receiving the $500 check. It is "not open to the general public", you have to be a member or employee of certain organizations. However, the fine print on the Allstate page says that to apply through Allstate, you do not need to be an Allstate member or even to request a quote. Supposedly I am approved, but it takes 10+ weeks to get the check. $500
https://allstate.bonusdrive.com/ $500 on many Hyundai models (post purchase) I will believe it when I see my check.

No affiliation, your milage may vary, they may or may not work, I have no first hand knowledge, other than having received the NG rebate.

(Our charging infrastructure and charging prices in the U.S. are abysmal, but we do get some pretty amazing EV purchase deals!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not so certain about NYSED customers, but I put one in as well -- and tried the Allstate. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also meant to add that con Edison in NYC was giving 250 .I don't know if it's over yet or not but I just applied for it myself

·
Registered
35 Posts
I received the National grid gift card last week by email. Still waiting on bonus drive. I also just applied for and got accepted for SmartCharge ny. It’s a bit strange apparently it’s through con-Ed in nyc and westchester. My mailing address is in Sullivan county but they still accepted me. We’ll see what happens I guess. They send you an obd ii device that calculates all kinds of statistics

·
Registered
85 Posts
I do live in NYC. You have to pop the obd2 connector out of place by squeezing the 2 clips on the side. And I just placed it in there. I've been meaning to double side tape it but it's not necessary and you have to unplug for inspection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks! How does the cash back work? If I’m not charging much in westchester will it not be worth it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts