Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member, so I'd like to say Hi to everyone

I bought Ioniq Premium SE (13k miles) 1,5 years old, (the second hand car) 10 days ago. Problems at all with everything. The car cannot go faster than 62miles per hour (100km) ACC doesn't work, radar blocked, I saw a yellow triangle almost all the time. I sent an email to a dealer (Arnold Clark, UK) about my problems, but they didn't respond to me for two days after I signed an agreement. I had to pay for a Hyundai service to hear, that I bought the car with wrong front tyres 195/55 R15 instead 195/65 R15. This is detail, isn't it?
Finally, Arnold Clark apologised to me, changed front tires, and they will send me a check to cover my expenses for professional service.
That shows that you are a valuable customer till you sign the agreement.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sorry about your experience. Hopefully it's all sorted and you can enjoy the car.
I wonder if it limits the speed to 62 MPH when the radar is blocked on purpose. I've had the radar blocked before by snow but obviously in those conditions, I've never attempted to go that fast.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Or have you got the speed limiter engaged? Try it in sport mode as I think that removes the limiter. Within the settings limiter options can be changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wrote my post because I couldn't find the answer on the websites. Finally, the problem is solved and I can enjoy the car.
(62mph/100km/h - safety issues I think) So, tires size is important :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Remember under UK consumer law the dealer is responsible for rectifying all defects within the first six months. Irrespective of what, if any, guarantee you get any faults within six months are legally considered present at the time of purchase.
Hope everything is sorted and you can enjoy the car.

·
Registered
460 Posts
All four tyres are not just important, they are ALL EQUALLY VITAL.

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
Rear tyres are ok, but front tyres (what are more important) were too small -195/55 R15 instead 195/65 R15
that could possibly cause the ABS / ESC sensors to think there was a problem and limit the speed, these cars are clever (too clever at times)

has the speed issue gone since the correct tyres were fitted?

·
Registered
197 Posts
that could possibly cause the ABS / ESC sensors to think there was a problem and limit the speed, these cars are clever (too clever at times)

has the speed issue gone since the correct tyres were fitted?
It's almost 7% difference - computer could have assumed that there is a problem with tire pressure or something along this line or simply assumed it was a spare wheel and limited speed...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The problems are gone in every aspect (ESP, ACC, AEB) I think will be ok just now. First 400 miles without significant problems. Only twice I had the warning, that radar is blocked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts