Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The low tyre pressure warning has come up on the dashboard. when I go to the driver menu and look up the tyre pressure the front driver side tyre is highlighted as low pressure. However the pressure is shown as 36 as on all the other tyres.
Is this a malfunction or is the tyre really low?
Or do I just go to the garage and pump it up a bit?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Think that must be a malfunction of the sensor. I got 35 on one tyre after the debacle of trying to use a screw-on tyre pump the other day and that's after a couple of minutes of driving to get the in-car gauge to show, so must mean 34 psi or lower when cold. No warning.

·
Super Moderator
7,808 Posts
The low tyre pressure warning has come up on the dashboard. when I go to the driver menu and look up the tyre pressure the front driver side tyre is highlighted as low pressure. However the pressure is shown as 36 as on all the other tyres.
Is this a malfunction or is the tyre really low?
Or do I just go to the garage and pump it up a bit?
go to the garage and check the tyre indicated, you normally get the warning when the pressure in a tyre goes below 30psi

if it is low you may have a slow puncture or something in your tyre

the system resets automatically once you correct the tyre pressures, so you need do nothing other than pump the tyre up if it needs it

if the pressure on the indicated tyre is correct when you check it at the garage contact you dealer and get it booked in for investigation

·
Registered
776 Posts
I use a digital pressure analyser. More accurate and easier to read with hold function

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to go to the garage yesterday to check the pressure. When I started the car the low pressure warning came on the dash board. Looking at the pressure monitor it indicated the same tyre was still under-inflated but no figures because the tyres were cold. As the tyres warmed up the numbers started to appear, all showing over 30 psi. They continued to warm and hit 36psi. The warning light disappeared and hasn't come back. All tyre pressures still showing ok. Checked this morning, no warning lights must just have been a glitch in the system that has now corrected itself.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anyone have problems inflating their tyres? I find the valves quite difficult to access as they are quite close to the trim, if you know what I mean. I use a Ring digital type compressor which uses a screw-on connector, and I find it problematic to screw it onto the valve and then also to unscrew it. Trying to find a compressor now with a clip-on connector to make life a bit easier...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Clip connectors can do but push connectors are professional and simplest to use. I have no problems using both. Perhaps your wheel trims are not mounted correctly?. Have enough space left to remove the valve caps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
Does anyone have problems inflating their tyres? I find the valves quite difficult to access as they are quite close to the trim, if you know what I mean. I use a Ring digital type compressor which uses a screw-on connector, and I find it problematic to screw it onto the valve and then also to unscrew it. Trying to find a compressor now with a clip-on connector to make life a bit easier...
You're not the only one .I'm one and there's a couple of others I believe . The wheel trims are just too close to the valves :(

·
Registered
776 Posts
Please show your valves by a picture.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
Please show your valves by a picture.
OK took a walk around the car park today took pictures of mine and six other cars ( various makes and models ) . I think you can see from the pics that the Ioniq is tighter to the trim than the others

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
Sure, I see its more narrow but I dont have serious problems with it. I like the wheel trims especially because they are much easier to keep clean from brake dust compared to alu rims with those idiot spoke patterns.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
I find them very awkward and I've got relatively small hands . Never had a problem with any other car I've driven in 45 years of driving. On the plus side , the pressures stay pretty stable :)

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I find them very awkward and I've got relatively small hands . Never had a problem with any other car I've driven in 45 years of driving. On the plus side , the pressures stay pretty stable :)
Agree on both counts, and I suspect it's a function of the tighter radius of the 15" rims. Fortunately as the pressures stay constant for months at a time (I've only had to top mine up twice in 16,000 miles and none months) I can live with it - or just use the pump with a push-on connector.

·
Registered
373 Posts

Yes I found them a bit tricky as well. I inflated mine to 37 to allow for a bit of leakage as I unscrew the connector. Which clip in type did you use as I also have a ring with screw on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I found them a bit tricky as well. I inflated mine to 37 to allow for a bit of leakage as I unscrew the connector. Which clip in type did you use as I also have a ring with screw on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I do but it's far from ideal and in the cold weather, cold hands could make this more difficult. Have been looking for an adapter that could screw on to the pump hose and have a push-on fitting at the other end. Seen things on Amazon which look like they will do this but I'm not certain they will fit the screw-on connector on the pump.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've only have had to top up once since getting my car in June but didn't have any issues. Wonder if the valve position is easier with 17" wheels..

Will post a photo when I can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts