Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
793 Posts
This definitely constitutes criminal damage and also potential threat to life (drive off in a car with partially deflated tyres and no tpms and have a serious accident). Police should track down the IP address being used for admin on that email address and take action.
I doubt the police will be able to track down either of them. And if they do they’ll probably only give them a slap on the wrist & take them back to their mum/dad.

·
Registered
2021 Ioniq EV/ SE in Blue/Black Interior
187 Posts
This definitely constitutes criminal damage and also potential threat to life (drive off in a car with partially deflated tyres and no tpms and have a serious accident). Police should track down the IP address being used for admin on that email address and take action.
In most of the USA the police will do nothing about this crime, as the vandals are part of the Party in Power's voting base. Cannot have the next election interfered with. If you think this premise is 'off the mark' just look at all the 'voters' in Calif. who are allowed to steal "X" dollars worth of goods and the cops sit in Dunkin Donuts and eye the girls, boys, kids, goats, sheep, or whatever, and do nothing.

·
Registered
I-5 Ultimate RWD, tech, heat pump on order.
19 Posts
Hi all,

ICYMI there's a group of vigilantes currently attacking SUVs and EVs

On their website they say: "Hybrids and electric cars are fair game. We cannot electrify our way out of the climate crisis - there are not enough rare earth metals to replace everyone’s car and the mining of these metals causes suffering. Plus, the danger to other road users still stands, as does the air pollution (PM 2.5 pollution is still produced from tyres and brake pads). "

Call me paranoid but I'm wondering, is there any way to prevent the caps on the tyres from being removed?
@adamsharif FYI Spinning Anti-Theft Valve Caps Black | Halfords UK

21 - 27 of 27 Posts