Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Does the drivers instrument digital display, (directly in front of driver) show the turn by turn navigation in both built in Tomtom and/or apply maps navigation?

Just curious

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

Yes it does for the inbuilt Tomtom, not sure for Maps-based nav through Carplay (or Android equivalent) - I'd imagine not.

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Android Auto navigation is completely separated from Ioniqs navigation and TBT head display. Btw: SatNav in Hyundais is from LG not Tomtom. according to Hyundais SatNav update information site.
https://www.hyundai.nl/pdf/diversen_navigatiebrochure.pdf

LG provide the hardware and software. Nav tech, now Here? provide map data and Tomtom provide Live services for traffic, safety cameras, live POI and weather.

So it's a combined effort.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
To be honest , I'm a little disappointed by the Nav system . Tested it the other day taking my son to Cardiff Airport . It missed the turn off telling me I was 3.9 miles from the airport even though I could see it about 400 metres from my position . It also took on the scenic route .
On the journey to collect him I used AndroidAuto . Took me straight there and the route I normally use ( the shortest ) .
In all honesty , it's no worse than my previous car's navigation ( Kadjar ) which didn't have the AndroidAuto option . No big thing . I'll just be using AndroidAuto if I'm travel to an unfamiliar destination in future

·
Registered
Ioniq EV SE 2017 (UK spec)
969 Posts
To be honest , I'm a little disappointed by the Nav system . Tested it the other day taking my son to Cardiff Airport . It missed the turn off telling me I was 3.9 miles from the airport even though I could see it about 400 metres from my position . It also took on the scenic route .
On the journey to collect him I used AndroidAuto . Took me straight there and the route I normally use ( the shortest ) .
In all honesty , it's no worse than my previous car's navigation ( Kadjar ) which didn't have the AndroidAuto option . No big thing . I'll just be using AndroidAuto if I'm travel to an unfamiliar destination in future
Is this possibly because of the way the Ioniq Nav system is set up? For example most economical rather than shortest, or avoid motorways etc. On all Sat Navs I have used there are a multitude of settings that influence the way the system works.
I

·
Registered
776 Posts
You are right. Most build-in navigation systems are disabled compared to Google Maps due to outdated maps. In this respect Ioniq nav surely is not the worst. Believe me HONDA is an absolute disaster. Heading for Rotterdam you end up in Middelburg.?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Is this possibly because of the way the Ioniq Nav system is set up? For example most economical rather than shortest, or avoid motorways etc. On all Sat Navs I have used there are a multitude of settings that influence the way the system works.
I
The route I chose was more economical . Marginally better fuel consumption and about 6 miles shorter . It's no big thing , I've got AndroidAuto to fall back on which wasn't an option on the Kadjar . It will be available on the Kadjar on all vehicles manufactured after May 2017 , but if anyone can screw it up Renault can ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
You are right. Most build-in navigation systems are disabled compared to Google Maps due to outdated maps. In this respect Ioniq nav surely is not the worst. Believe me HONDA is an absolute disaster. Heading for Rotterdam you end up in Middelburg.?
I've no idea how far out that is without looking at the map . I spent an entertaining holiday in France in the 70s with some guys from Middleburg , but don't ask me where it is exactly :D
Just looked 128.3 km ...wow that's one rubbish SatNav ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there a setting or button that I need to turn on to show the turn by turn navigation on the drivers instrument digital display, (directly in front of driver). Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts