Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey @asciutto We seem to be on similar quests. I'm just up the road in Dayton. I first started seeking an EV, but now thinking PHEV. I am after a lease, and have seen some insanely low advertised prices ($49/mo.) and found a dealer in NY that has 71 2019 PHEV's listed on their website. Check out Lia Hyundai in Albany.

As far as Chargers go, check out Amazon. They have several L2 Chargers for ~$200. I have an existing 240v outlet for some woodworking equipment, and will probably go that way.

Good luck in your search.
I dont understand how your Yankie leases work? So you pay $49/mo for what 5 years? Then some balloon payment? Or up front deposit?
Here in Oz you would pay more than 50 bucks a week on the lease of some secondhand scungy buzz box. I must be missing something. Please enlighten me....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I took advantage of the 149$ mo 3 year lease. After 3 years I can either lease something else or I can buy it. I was told that either way there is a fee at the end.

If you go to the Hyundai USA website, and look at promotions/offers, and find the vehicle you are interested in, if there is a lease available, you can see the “details”. Everything is straight forward in there. Only thing to watch out for is the amount required to put down. They tried to have me drop 5000$ initially, then negotiated to an even 2500 as stated in the lease deal listed. But the sales taxes are coming out monthly instead of a lump sum. It is important however, if you may want to buy the car after three years, as I am planning on, is that the purchase price after the lease term (3 years in my case) is already set in stone when you sign. The company already calculates how much it will be worth in 3 years Wholesale, not retail. So my car after three years, I can purchase for 12,487$ (Because of how the dealership distributed the down payment, it drop 1000$ from the listed price on the Hyundai website. So with the math, my payments amount to around 6000$ and the purchase price of around 12500, give a total of just under 20000 for a 3 year old, 1 owner, car. Even buying it outright with the tax incentive wont bring it down that much.
So thats how my lease works. Also, a little perk of leasing, the company pays for the gap insurance, and if you buy the car after, you Do Not have to pay the fee for the “over milage” AND the warranty stays with you and the car with no gaps. So you still get the 100,000mi or 150,000mi coverage depending on what you buy (2020 Ioniqs are getting 150,000 mi bumper to bumper now!)

hope this helps!!

I dont understand how your Yankie leases work? So you pay $49/mo for what 5 years? Then some balloon payment? Or up front deposit?
Here in Oz you would pay more than 50 bucks a week on the lease of some secondhand scungy buzz box. I must be missing something. Please enlighten me....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check out Lia Hyundai in Albany.
Hey, I just got mine from them, $150/150 for 36/10k term, would not budge a dollar less, even refunded my deposit. To get $49 a month on the base phev, they would have to discount the car $5k, which they won't do, or you could put that amount down, which is pretty dumb on a lease. Although, February could bring better factory incentives, but I don't think it will be thousands more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just leased the 2019 PHEV ioniq from Fucillo Hyundai last week for the advertised $99 down / $99 month lease special that just ended in January. No other local dealers were doing it. It ended up being about $1800 down because you need to pay full sales tax on the vehicle after rebates and incentives. I just checked today the lease went up to $159/$159.
I'm strongly considering buy at the end of the lease term for the residual of $12,500ish.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just leased the 2019 PHEV ioniq from Fucillo Hyundai last week for the advertised $99 down / $99 month lease special that just ended in January. No other local dealers were doing it. It ended up being about $1800 down because you need to pay full sales tax on the vehicle after rebates and incentives. I just checked today the lease went up to $159/$159.
I'm strongly considering buy at the end of the lease term for the residual of $12,500ish.
I went to Fuccillo first and actually test drove it there, along with the new Sonata, but they were at $200 something a month for Ioniq so I went elsewhere. $1800 out of pocket and $99 a month is basically my deal, only Lia's rolled everything into the lease.

There is no way I'd purchase it after lease. No offence, but I don't trust Kia/Hyundai in the long run, especially when new tech is concerned.

Don't forget to sign up for Bonus drive and get another $500 back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is no way I'd purchase it after lease. No offence, but I don't trust Kia/Hyundai in the long run, especially when new tech is concerned.

Yea I hear you there about the purchase. It makes me a bit nervous. I figure I'll have a good feel for it after 3 years. That said, battery/PHEV tech will probably have evolved more. I did just sign up for Bonus Drive via the allstate link.

Thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
My 2012 Genesis Coupe lasted 7.5 years before it had a major problem (after it was fully paid for), and my wife's on her fourth Santa Fe (she drives it a lot for work and we get out while they still have some warranty left on them). I have no worries about the longevity of my IONIQ...

Reactions: asciutto

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 2012 Genesis Coupe lasted 7.5 years before it had a major problem (after it was fully paid for), and my wife's on her fourth Santa Fe (she drives it a lot for work and we get out while they still have some warranty left on them). I have no worries about the longevity of my IONIQ...
I hear these anecdotes all the time, but it my case it doesn't apply. I've spent too many times at janky Kia dealerships for recalls/warranty work. My cars fall apart it seems days after warranty expires and I'm tired of thinking "next car will be the good one".

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hear these anecdotes all the time, but it my case it doesn't applyI've spent too many times at janky Kia dealerships for recalls/warranty work. My cars fall apart it seems days after warranty expires and I'm tired of thinking "next car will be the good one".
“but it my case it doesn't apply.”

Sounds like you are a bad owner or a bad shopper.

You bought a Kia. What do you expect. I mean there is a reason you can get one for 100$ mo with 0$ Down.

·
Registered
140 Posts
“but it my case it doesn't apply.”

Sounds like you are a bad owner or a bad shopper.

You bought a Kia. What do you expect. I mean there is a reason you can get one for 100$ mo with 0$ Down.

May I remind you this is a Pro Hyundai forum.
LOLOL. So this is a "head in the sand" type of forum? May I remind you that Kia sells $50k plus vehicles, yet their service department is completely incompetent, at least the two in my town are. Mine was only $36K, not a $100 shoe box, not that it should matter for the kind quality of service I receive.

Hoping for the best here with Hyundai.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LOLOL. So this is a "head in the sand" type of forum? May I remind you that Kia sells $50k plus vehicles, yet their service department is completely incompetent, at least the two in my town are. Mine was only $36K, not a $100 shoe box, not that it should matter for the kind quality of service I receive.

Hoping for the best here with Hyundai.
I dont see any issue with being wary of past issues with the same parent company. Leasing one covers your transportation needs with minimal investment and a way out. Also I dont really understand saying 'you bought a crappy hyundai' and 'this is a pro hyundai forum' in the same post

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Few more questions I'm not able to find answers to:

Does the US model come with heated rear seats?
Does the US model front heated seats have leg and back warmers?
Does the US model have vented front seats?

Can the LFA / LKAS be disabled permanently? I've read some people say you have to hit the button every trip and others that there is an option to turn it off.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Suggest you visit Hyundai.com Multiple models, trims, and options.

Yup, turning off lane keep is per trip. In one country you can turn it off per trip on the display, everyone else is dash button only (which is easier anyway).

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Few more questions I'm not able to find answers to:

Does the US model come with heated rear seats?
Does the US model front heated seats have leg and back warmers?
Does the US model have vented front seats?

Can the LFA / LKAS be disabled permanently? I've read some people say you have to hit the button every trip and others that there is an option to turn it off.
We have the 2019 PHEV ultimate edition, that's the fully loaded one. AFAIK:
No heated rear seats
The seats are heated, the seat backs aren't
Vented seats - would have to look, but the Ioniq seats are not air conditioned

There may be a way to disable the LKAS permanently, but I don't recall anyone posting such a solution.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Hyundai is the third largest auto maker Globally, behind Toyota & Volkswagen.
I have been satisfied since my first Elantra in 1992,

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hyundai is the third largest auto maker Globally, behind Toyota & Volkswagen.
I have been satisfied since my first Elantra in 1992,
So that means what exactly? It's a good idea to keep German cars long-term as well? Good luck with that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So that means what exactly? It's a good idea to keep German cars long-term as well? Good luck with that.
I'm going to hazard a guess that it simply means that Hyundai make and sell a lot of cars, and that perhaps it could be inferred that most owners are reasonably happy. Whether or not German cars are worth keeping long term is not even relevant that I can see, though I imagine many owners of German cars would extoll the virtues of their vehicles in much the same way as many of us here do about our Ioniqs.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts