Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I wonder how to receive traffic alerts (trough RDS ) when playing audio over USB. Does the system automatically search the most closeby FM radio channel when TA signals are broadcasted? In my Honda it worked fine but so far I got none TA during media play. In radio TA is switched on but it doesn't work on DAB+, only FM. In Android Auto have not yet tried, guess not.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have just tuned onto local BBC channel and set TA and then when playing media through CarPlay it switches to TA on several BBC channels in the area.

I have noticed that the volume of TA is set lower than media and up to now I have turned up but can't seem to be able to set at higher level like my old car.

My old car used to even switch to TA even though it was on DAB radio which the Hyundai doesn't seem to be able too. I guess the software in my old one must have always been tuned in the background to a TA channel regardless of current station. Which also makes me think the Hyundai can do it if on media channel but not DAB. Maybe something they could resolve with software update ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! This afternoon at last a fraffic alert over media play came through. Dont need to put any FM channel in front of others. Only switch TA on, thats it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts