Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just doing the annual shop around for insurance renewal and one question on the compare site form caught my attention:

'Is the car fitted with a tracking device?'

I haven't ever had a tracking device fitted to a previous car and I don't know what would count as one so I am quite naive regarding this. But the 2020 version has a built in data connection and I can locate the car from the blue link app. I'm not sure that counts because my phone could be disconnected from within the car if it was stolen. However, you would think Hyundai would have some sort of back end access to car allowing them to get a location if they needed to? I haven't read anything in the literature or manual, but it seems like it could be a good opt-in for owners if it was available?

I'll be answering 'no' to the question for now but it is an interesting thought is it not? If anyone is aware of any information around this, I would interested to hear it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My insurance co (21st.com) considers blue link a tracking device and gives me the discount.. its not a lot.. I had to send them a copy of the emails that i had activated service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts