Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have an issue with getting the Charge Port Door to open by touching it? Mine simply will not open unless I use the key fob and hold the button down. It's pretty frustrating honestly.

For context your suppose to be able to touch the little graphic raised emblem on the charge port door and it will open.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's more than just touching it. I push on it firmly (and I mean firmly) with my palm and it opens. It's a purely mechanical engagement, not electronic like a touch screen. If you look at the underside of the door you will see it's a little pin that engages the button. Some people add a little pad to the end of the pin so that is extended further and thus engages more easily. I haven't bothered doing this and just use the fob most times. It's not really that much of an inconvenience.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Preferred AWD L.Blue (Feb 2022)
185 Posts
I found that a finger (or thumb) push, no matter how hard, wouldn't open the door. But covering a broader area of the door, but still firmly, opens it reliably. Try using the backs of all of your fingers, pressing firmly over the marked spot on the door, kind of like a fist bump. I can't explain exactly why that works, but presumeably related to the geometry of the button under the door flap. There are spme YouTube videos of this somewhere online...

·
Registered
2022, Hyundai, Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
112 Posts
Yep, I’m afraid of deforming the cover, so I use voice or fob. I stop a DC charger, use voice to open cover, turn off car and plug in. I have to turn off car or it beeps with fob outside of car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep, I’m afraid of deforming the cover, so I use voice or fob. I stop a DC charger, use voice to open cover, turn off car and plug in. I have to turn off car or it beeps with fob outside of car.
I don't think you will deform the cover - I have put significant pressure on it with my palm and no permanent deformation whatsoever. In fact, the principle of operation is deformation of the cover to engage the button underneath.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts