Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we, wife and I, drove from Lom to Kristiansund, via Molde and the spectacular, unique, outer coastal Atlantic Road of Norway. No wind, just nice weather, so there was no risk for sea water to reach my Ioniq.

The Atlantic Road (in Norwegian called "Atlanterhavsvegen") was once ranked first on The Guardian's list of the world's best road trips!

This most spectacular road is also a popular tourist attraction. Both the local population and tourists frequently use the road to go fishing (cod etc) directly from the bridges. One of the bridges is even special designed to facilitate fishing.

Visit this amazing gallery and see my attached photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you liking your PHEV?
Totally in love. Everything I have tried out so far is excellnt and sometimes thriling, except for the already outdated navigation map. While crosssing a 2 year old bridge pretended to be amphibious.

Most satisfied with the cruise control, as not only keeps speed downhill (charging) and reduces speed when approaching another vehicle from behind. Along the automatic double clutch gearbox, and the "lane keeper" it almost drives itself.

Most impressive is angular moment (acceleration) without the need for high RPM and noise. This when the two motors work perfectly together. Also very nice to drive in and out of, through town(s) on pure electric.

Charming behaviour is what I call it when in EV and meaning to reduce slowly to standstill behind other traffic, but traffic starts to move forward. The Ioniq gets confused and a bit "shaky". Hah. But after half a second of hesitation it's all normal and smooth.

Except for some wheel noise on very pebbled Norwegian asphalt, grinded by Norwegian studded tyres through winter, the car feels very luxurious.

I start the day fully charged and try to use as much electricity as possible to save petrol. I have also bought a charging cable for public charge stations, and tried public charging for the first time yesterday, while stopping for a meal. Most parking areas have such here, all over the country, controlled by and paid through, a phone app.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow ! , what a fantastic road and views. Professional photography. Well done.
Jealous that we dont have this kind of environments in Holland. Norway is a great country.
Enjoy your Ioniq.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Great Pics! `Borrowed` a couple for my screensaver, if that's alright?

That `uncertain` feeling when going from `power-off` to `power-on` lessens with use.

The enjoyment of `whisper mode` when the car is moving almost silently on battery, doesn't! :D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, great pictures. But don't credit me for the linked ones. Not my website. I just linked to his gallery and wanted you too see where we were, and a great place to bring yourself and to take your Ioniq. Norway has evolved to be a very interesting and reachable place to drive for scenery and recreation.

The attached picture is one of those I photographed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is a Great Photo! when I can see the sun again (constant gloom and rain here) I will try to get a nice shot of mine near the lake. Might take forever at this rate.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest: Atlantic Road, Europe's best road trip (The Guardian, 2006), will be part of next James Bond film. The base jumping peaks surronding nearby Romsdalen valley, and also the famous "Trollstigen" mountain road will be part of it. Filming in July. "JB25" has already filmed a few scenes in the woods around Oslo, and some on Jamaica.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
knutsp
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing