Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave it a couple layers of polish as it was quite dull (Valater did a poor job) with residue from the sticky protective plastic. Also then a coat of a hydrophobic layer. I also got my dashcam installed, routing the wire for the rear camera successfully through the panels in the tailgate with the wire going through main wiring gromet. Camera is mounted in the middle bottom of the lower glass panel. Got it wired in with my smart power pro kit as well so it runs in parking mode for a set time. All wires are hidden away. One of my most neatest jobs I have ever done. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got any photos of the installation ?
I didn't take any at the time of actually doing the work as I didn't have my phone on me (entertaining a 3 year old at the same time), but the guide in removing interior trim was VERY useful in getting the plastic away from the tailgate. Whilst parts of the trim feel cheaper compared to other marques, it is very solid. Had to get quite heavy handed on a couple of bits.

The trickiest bit was actually tapping in to some wiring in the fuse box, as the Ioniq has fuses which are about 1-2mm shorter than the smallest fuse taps I could find. I was grateful that my test meter actually had enough battery to do it. It always seems to be flat when I need it most.

Anyone who has done a bit of panel removal and routing of wires shouldn't find it a bother at all. It's just really having the right tools to do the job. I have a set of plastic pry bars for interiors, some quite flat for poking, others curved and angled to get leverage.

I also kept finding protective plastic the valeters forgot to remove.

I will take a photo or two tomorrow in the light of the finished result.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Very nice! There is another location for storage/control of the video?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice! There is another location for storage/control of the video?
Don't understand what you are trying to get at. Do you mean is there another box? If so the recording, wifi, gps and SD card are all in the front unit. The only other box is mounted beside the fuse panel (behind trim under steering wheel) that the power magic pro is installed, but that isn't technically the camera.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Which fuse did you tap in for the dash cam install? I was looking at the fuse diagram but couldn't figure out which fuse controls the cigarette lighter 12V outputs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts