Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
These do looks really good but I always find it a little quirky when the front windows aren't tinted. I know it's not legal in a lot of places but I think it looks kinda off-putting no?
Yeah, I'd prefer darker front door windows as well, but the factory glass is already at the UK legal limit of 70% transmission. Any darker and there's a chance I could be in trouble with the rozzers.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
As they don't seem to have anything better to do, I tend to agree with you.

Photochromic tints anyone?

The future's bright. Or dark. Or bright when it needs to be...

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
297 Posts
Drug-dealer tints now in place. Have to say, South Coast Tints appears to have done a superb job.

In fact, everything about my dealings with the company was encouraging, right from the initial phone call. I'll have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone else who asks.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Drug-dealer tints now in place. Have to say, South Coast Tints appears to have done a superb job.

In fact, everything about my dealings with the company was encouraging, right from the initial phone call. I'll have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone else who asks.
very nice looking tint!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just had mine done 20% carbon film at "Boundry Care Care" St Helens, £150 all in with manufacturers life time warranty, even gave me a courtesy car as I dropped off yesterday afternoon and collected today, did look at "South Coast Tints" as have family down south, but Boundry beat them on price an are only 4.8 miles from my front door! Plus well established company been trading over 60 years, so if your in the northwest there well worth looking at.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just had mine tinted from new (limo tint) by the Dealer. Thought it best as it is their responsibility and warranty damage etc.

Cost £300 including dealer tax.

I think it looks very smart on the black car.

Daytime visibility is still fine, will see what it is like tonight in the dark !

Attachments

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone know if Hyundai is now offering factory-tinted windows? Yesterday I spotted a new 20-plate hybrid, which had lightly-tinted rear windows. Just idly wondering if the owner got it like that from the factory, or if it would still have been an aftermarket job.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone know if Hyundai is now offering factory-tinted windows? Yesterday I spotted a new 20-plate hybrid, which had lightly-tinted rear windows. Just idly wondering if the owner got it like that from the factory, or if it would still have been an aftermarket job.
Mine is the 2020 version, purchased on Dec19, medium trim level and it has the trunk and rear windows tinted by factory.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is there any distortion when looking out of the rear windshield?

Should I get the sunroof done as well?
Mine doesn't distort, but I assume that's because the company I used (South Coast Tints in Southampton, UK, recommended by @SEvans) did a good job. Three years later and I don't have any issues with any of the tinted panels, and the next time I need a tint done that company will be the first one I call. Your profile suggests you're in Toronto, Canada; I've no idea what the local tint shops are like where you are.

As for the sunroof, I certainly would if my car had one. Personal preference, mind.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We've got tons of reputable installers, so no worries there. I had tints in my VW GTI, and it was done nicely, but the tint caused some refraction at times, so after nearly a year of ownership, it can still be difficult to gauge how close another car might be when closing in on me.

I leave the sunroof covered up all the time, so we'll see if they can do it for minimal cost. If not, I'm fine leaving it as is.

I'll be going with 35% and getting a dash cam installed, so hopefully things turn out okay.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts