Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Ioniq is quite a low-spec one without tinted windows. When tinting at least the upper part of the tailgate (or even the windows of the back doors) what tinting factor do you suggest so it becomes noticable harder to see in the unclosed boot or to reduce heating of the interiour?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brought mine to a local tint shop with good reviews. They will go over the percentages and make recommendations for what you want. Ceramic tint helps with heating. Was a little more expensive.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
503 Posts
The percentage of tint depends on what is legal in your country. Find a reputable installer and ask them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went with what was legal on the front driver and passenger windows (35%) here in Texas and then 25% on the back doors and hatch windows. I also got a high end ceramic tint and it's night and day from the windows before. Paired with a sun visor on the windshield for the outrageously hot/humid summers here in Houston it's an amazing difference when getting in the car after it's been parked for a while. The inside of the car could get to nearly 140F during the summer here before I did it. I should take the temp again this summer with the tint and sun visor but I'd bet it's 15-20F cooler inside.

If I ever did it again I would get everything the exact same, EXCEPT I would do the small lower window on the hatch with 5%.

Before I got tint I would get some uncomfortably bright glare coming up from the road from the vehicle behind me when it was raining or at a stop light. After I got it tinted, it was still an issue. I now have a child seat in the back and a bunch of kid stuff in the trunk that blocks that lower window. However if that ever gets removed I might just consider having that small window redone darker.

Something to consider. I might be the only person who's been bothered by it. 🤔

Edit: Fixed the tint %. I had them flipped.

Reactions: Fu Kin Fast
1 - 4 of 4 Posts