Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
IONIQ PHEV 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new member on the forum and have introduced myself in the corresponding part of the forum. I own a 2017 PHEV IONIQ.

I have a question for those of you who have been using a OBD2 device to read off the sensors of your car. I have one that I've been using for a few weeks (but not much because of lockdown, and only in EV mode for the same reason).

I had my car serviced today for the second time, and I was told everything was good on the car. Once I was back home, I looked at the data from my car that I'd finally used a little on HEV mode, and I realized that the throttle position sensor reads about 17% when the ICE is off. Also, after the ICE turned off at some point during my trip, the TPS returned to a position slightly above the initial one, and the fuel consumption from the app didn't read zero.

I was wondering if that seemingly high value for the sensor is common or something I need to worry about. I don't worry too much because the car just came back from service and they said it's all fine, but I'd still like to know if you have similar values for throttle position sensor with ICE off, and if that ever causes the fuel consumption estimation to be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hey @JayL , I've never tracked this before but just added it to my Torque display:

Looks like I'm sitting at 17% too when the engine is off. My best guess is that that's the idle position, with 0% choking the engine's air off completely.

·
Registered
IONIQ PHEV 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey @JayL , I've never tracked this before but just added it to my Torque display:

Looks like I'm sitting at 17% too when the engine is off. My best guess is that that's the idle position, with 0% choking the engine's air off completely.
Thanks! This indeed looks like it's the idle position. It still seems a bit weird that I appear to have non-zero fuel consumption once the ICE had been turned on and off, I don't know whether it's derived from throttle position or something else, but I suspect it's a wrong estimation from the app (CarScanner) rather than a faulty sensor. I'll be able to drive the car a little further during the weekend so I might be able to find more accurate data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts