Black Suede w/ Neon Accented Seat Trim
    $0
    Destination
    $1,325

Build Total*$63,620

· Registered
2022, Teal Limited AWD
632 Posts
I have read the reviews of it. Question is what is you usage? What do you have the I5 for?

Yes the GT is a cool TOY but has a number of things that are not practical

range is very low
Front seats are basically race seated and not adjustable for comfort

· Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
1,117 Posts
Ioniq 6 with same battery should have range of 380 miles I believe. That would be my choice, unless I really needed the hatchback access.

· Premium Member
'22 Ioniq 5 SE RWD (formerly '21 Ioniq PHEV SEL)
257 Posts
Drift machine. Stupid fast. Wouldn't have as my everyday or road trip vehicle, but would be fun as a second or third (or fourth, etc.) vehicle if I could afford such things.

· Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
1,514 Posts
I personally have no use for it and prefer the Ioniq 5 packaging to the EV6
yeah, I drove both before deciding on the IONIQ 5. If i was inclined for something with better performance (I'm not, been there, done that)- I would wait for the IONIQ 5 N or IONIQ 6 N - prefer both the looks and interiors.

· Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
1,117 Posts
no one is buying that car for the miles that car has Supercar speed and power 576HP
Maybe the 4WD one has supercar performance, but if it had been a hatchback I'd be saving up for one now. And I'd want 18" wheels and 2WD for a lighter, more efficient car, happy with the 260 HP or whatever the 2WD one has. I'd be looking to get 400 mile range. I've no need for 0-60 in 5 secs, my wife complains if I give my 38er full acceleration, 0-60 in about 9 secs! :LOL:

· Registered
350 Posts
I don't understand the point of your post. You asked what people think about your proposal, people responded with constructive points, and you seem offended when people aren't exactly on board or have an objective point about something you appear to have ranted about before.

What do I think? Do it if that's what you want and if it makes you happy.

Reactions: KevinT

· Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
1,514 Posts
I don't understand the point of your post. You asked what people think about your proposal, people responded with constructive points, and you seem offended when people aren't exactly on board or have an objective point about something you appear to have ranted about before.

What do I think? Do it if that's what you want and if it makes you happy.
This. Also why not something better? Volvo's rolling out the 82 kW battery update to the C40, XC40, Polestar 2. Given what dealers are asking for EV6 GT on the ground if I wanted something performance oriented with a hatch and decent range the 315 miles the Polestar 2 is going to offer with sub 4 second 0-60 is damn quick enough. Heck, or a Model 3 performance if you don't care particularly for ride quality or creature comforts. heck even the blazer ev ss is going to be a comfortably sub 4 second car with over 260 miles of range.

I expect the EV6 GT is going to be a bit of a lot rock with 200 mile range. It'll be very interesting to see what Hyundai does with the IONIQ5 N and whether it has the same limited range.

· Registered
350 Posts
Didn't even consider the 5 N. To the OP, something must have drawn you to the Ioniq 5 in the first place, maybe the 5 N would be worth holding out for if you feel like you're missing the performance?

Reactions: zamafir
1 - 17 of 17 Posts