Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked mine today Ioniq Hybrid Premium Marina Blue . Just waiting for the Renault to confirm my finance is clear and I'm ready to pick it up ,hopefully Saturday or Sunday . It's a demonstrator with 320 miles on the clock for £19995 ....bargain :) ....Can't wait

·
Registered
344 Posts
Smart ! Demo cars are definitely a steal and there's seriously nothing wrong with them. Barely any mileage on it and you get a great price for them ! I would give you an early congratulations but I don't want to be a jinx ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's the instant depreciation solved for me . The salesman who was using the car to travel to and from the dealership will have to look for something else ...poor man :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
you got a better price than I did, it depends of the finance etc if you got a better overall deal I suspect there will not be a lot in it,

but I wouldn't part with mine

spent a week in London traffic and the m25 in rush hour and still got 64.3mpg

enjoy yourself when you get it

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My main choices for the colour were the iron grey, blue or black at the push . Not sure about the orange without seeing it live as it were . I think blue is the best and , luckily enough , it was the only one they had . Didn't do the finance , paid the finance off on my Kadjar and did a part ex makes it much easier for future trade ins , not that I think I'll be changing it for a while :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would hope your taking the long way home! Find a nice scenic area, take some pretty pictures, share them with us. You know, the usual ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what times your alarm set for tomorrow to go and get you new toy :)

do you have a nice run / detour back from the dealer to play?
What alarm ?...... I haven't slept :D

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would hope your taking the long way home! Find a nice scenic area, take some pretty pictures, share them with us. You know, the usual ;)
No time , I'm afraid . I have to do our weekly shop on the way home :crying: . But I did offer to take her Christmas Shopping tomorrow ....anywhere she wants 0:)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
No time , I'm afraid . I have to do our weekly shop on the way home :crying: . But I did offer to take her Christmas Shopping tomorrow ....anywhere she wants 0:)
just don't let her see the size of the boot before you start shopping, as

A:- you will be loaded like a packhorse getting it back to the car
B:- your bank account will be empty

enjoy :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,
Out of interest what area of Wales are you from?
Would be great to know what sort of MPG you get over the course of a tank on our "fantastically smooth and well maintained roads" in Wales!

Also what dealer did you buy from? I went to the one in Swansea originally so if the one you visited was near too it could be worth me going down and having a chat!

Enjoy it! (I'm very jealous!)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just don't let her see the size of the boot before you start shopping, as

A:- you will be loaded like a packhorse getting it back to the car
B:- your bank account will be empty

enjoy :)
It's already empty after buying the thing :D . It's slightly smaller than my last ride but I managed to get all the shopping in with room to spare

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,
Out of interest what area of Wales are you from?
Would be great to know what sort of MPG you get over the course of a tank on our "fantastically smooth and well maintained roads" in Wales!

Also what dealer did you buy from? I went to the one in Swansea originally so if the one you visited was near too it could be worth me going down and having a chat!

Enjoy it! (I'm very jealous!)
Rhondda boy mate :) .I bought in Weston Super Mare through Car Wow , a demo model Premium for £19995 with £320 on the clock . The Dealership was excellent .Most of the drive home from Weston was mostly motorway and dual carriageway apart from the last 10 miles . The return was about 10 mpg better than my diesel Kadjar so I'm hopeful especially once I get used to it . We'll see how it pans out when I start driving over the Bwlch on Monday ....watch this space :)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
still no report from chunga68?

that's either some shopping trip as he let the other half see the boot size before shoping or his route home is via Scotland :)
Tempted not to come home mate . Just wanted to drive and drive and drive :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I find on motorway 62-65 seems to be about most economical balance of speed v wind resistance

below 60 even the slightest slope causes it to change down to 5th

at 62mph in 6th if you move it over into sport mode you will see it is only doing about 1800rpm

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I find on motorway 62-65 seems to be about most economical balance of speed v wind resistance

below 60 even the slightest slope causes it to change down to 5th

at 62mph in 6th if you move it over into sport mode you will see it is only doing about 1800rpm
Thanks for the tip . I was mostly cruising at 70 and a couple of times about 80 so ,bearing that in mind , I was well impressed .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts