Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after finally getting my car registerd on the 31st I was one step closer to getting my ioniq.

I now have to wait for the dealer to recieve it (Tunbridge wells) which should be monday, tuesday next week and the wait 2-3 more days to pick it up.

I made this post because I am now excited, i cant deny it anymore. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Feeling like forever, especially as the contract is now rolling.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm in exactly the same situation but thats becasue I am also in T Wells :)

I have however got my registration document in the post today :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in exactly the same situation but thats becasue I am also in T Wells :)

I have however got my registration document in the post today :)

haha ill see if i get anything when i am home, is your contract rolling already now? how long you got yours for?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I purchased my Premium SE from Tunbridge Wells to so that's at least three that they have sold. I know what the waiting is like as I ordered mine on 19th November, it landed on 11th January and I finally picked it up on 1st March to be able to have a 17 registration plate. As the day gets closer you start counting down the hours. Are you having the ceramic GEN3 Glasscoat protection applied as part of the mats and petrol package? I did and it certainly gives a good finish. Well worth it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I purchased my Premium SE from Tunbridge Wells to so that's at least three that they have sold. I know what the waiting is like as I ordered mine on 19th November, it landed on 11th January and I finally picked it up on 1st March to be able to have a 17 registration plate. As the day gets closer you start counting down the hours. Are you having the ceramic GEN3 Glasscoat protection applied as part of the mats and petrol package? I did and it certainly gives a good finish. Well worth it.
Terry, tell me more about the mats and petrol package pls!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tunbridge Wells offer a welcome package of 4 Ioniq mats, £20 of petrol and GEN3 Glasscoat ceramic protection applied inside and outside for £ 299, the ceramic coating is guaranteed to last at least 5 years. I was quoted £400 by another dealer for a different protection coating.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ah I may have seen that and discounted it.....read up a bit about these glasscoats and apparently they cost the dealers about £30 and have a bit of a markup! That's just what I read though

I already have some nice hefty rubber mats that I will use unless I decide to replace them and then I prob wont go to the dealers....and I will need more than £20 of petrol lol

My problem nowadays isnt keeping a car shiny but keeping the ignorant b******s with trollies away from my car as no-one seems to give a **** about other people's belongings any more.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The GEN3 Glasscoat protection takes about half a day to complete so they normally do this in the afternoon and leave the ceramic coating to dry overnight. Google GEN3 Glasscoat and have a look on the website, there are videos etc.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So the car doesn't come with matts? I have to pay for those extra?

·
Registered
130 Posts
im also in the waiting stage, finance and registration done on the 31st of March, have my reg number, just need the car to go with it! they guy I spoke to said Thursday Friday this week, but haven't heard anything, so emailed my dealer, so far no response. will give them a call tomorrow and chase the chumps!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like there are quite a few of us waiting for our cars then.
Mine has been registered on 31st March got reg number and signed docs for the lease just waiting for it to arrive at dealers. I was originally told I would be able to pick it up on 31st.
I keep getting told any day now, but the dealer is not great with their communications and I am having to constantly chase them particularly as I don't do patience AT ALL.
My dealer is in Macclesfield and am waiting on a Premium SE in Black.

I only ordered on 26th Feb (the dealer had already got it on order for themselves).
I had originally planned on ordering in June for pick up in September when my lease was up on the i40 but due to my i40 being killed off by a tree in storm Doris my plans moved forward by 6 months.

Cannot wait to get my hands on it as I am currently driving around in the dealers i10 curtesy car that they very kindly offered to lend me while I was waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just spoke to the dealer about my premium SE and the fuel/matt situation, they said mine comes with complimentry half tank and full set of matts :)

Happy days

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will be getting mats and a full tank with mine. I am due to get it on 21st April.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts