Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you entered til list for the first 3000 Ioniq 5 45?

I got registred 5 min after the beginning of the 24 hours periode. In 24 hours 9.000 registed, so hopefully I am among the first 3.000....

·
Super Moderator
1,736 Posts
I read on the Norwegian forum that yesterday evening the decisions on the 3000 First Editions came out for Norway. It turns out that as a country Norway is the big winner here as they won 42% of the 3000 which is 1260 cars. Congratulations on that!

So, only 58% = 1740 cars left for the other 4 European countries. It seems that for Norway (only) those who registered within the first 10 minutes were successful.

Reactions: KrPtNk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I read on the Norwegian forum that yesterday evening the decisions on the 3000 First Editions came out for Norway. It turns out that as a country Norway is the big winner here as they won 42% of the 3000 which is 1260 cars. Congratulations on that!

So, only 58% = 1740 cars left for the other 4 European countries. It seems that for Norway (only) those who registered within the first 10 minutes were successful.
And read somewhere that 300 of the 1740 are right hand drive (UK).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did register, and just read an email saying I am confirmed on the reservation list. (UK so RHD)
Current i3s owner.

Time to really figure out for sure if it's Ioniq 5 vs Tesla 3 LR vs VW Id.3 (or cheaper), or indeed short term hire. The first two are most likely, and the ioniq 5 looks superbly interesting and probably the best all around package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also got an email and SMS confirming my allocation of a Ioniq 5 Project 45 Gravity Gold Matte with light coloured interior. Looks very promising!!. I only wish the solar roof was replaced by the vision roof. Living in Norway and keeping the car in a garage I have limited use for the solar panels. Also I guess they are expensive to replace if broken.. The lack of OTA is also a little disappointing.. But all in all it looks like a pretty good deal at least here in Norway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have also received my confirmation for the '45' edition in the UK, I have decided to decline the offer, I had chosen gravity gold but since found out it's a 'matt' colour which I have had before on a BMW. Total nightmare to look after you can't polish out any minor scratches and I missed having the gloss look after the initial period of the matt finish being 'different'. I too would prefer the vision (panoramic) roof being in the UK I can't see solar contributing too much. With only 3000 supplied I expect customer configured cars to follow shortly after and any issues ironed out by then. Will probably end up with a grey or blue long range AWD with the light interior, I notice two versions of the light interior with darker upper door cards or light upper door cards with darker finish lower down. The '45' light interior appears to have the darker upper door card but it makes more sense for me to have the darker area lower down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have also received my confirmation for the '45' edition in the UK, I have decided to decline the offer, I had chosen gravity gold but since found out it's a 'matt' colour which I have had before on a BMW. Total nightmare to look after you can't polish out any minor scratches and I missed having the gloss look after the initial period of the matt finish being 'different'. I too would prefer the vision (panoramic) roof being in the UK I can't see solar contributing too much. With only 3000 supplied I expect customer configured cars to follow shortly after and any issues ironed out by then. Will probably end up with a grey or blue long range AWD with the light interior, I notice two versions of the light interior with darker upper door cards or light upper door cards with darker finish lower down. The '45' light interior appears to have the darker upper door card but it makes more sense for me to have the darker area lower down.
I agree with you on the solar roof. I live in the Pacific Northwest and have a garage; the gains would be minimal and I am looking forward to the open feeling you get from an unobstructed glass roof. I too want AWD and am leaning toward shooting star gray, blue and teal as color choices. I have never had a matte finis h and was interested in your criticisms, but the car looks very pretty in the shooting star gray matte. I would think that a matte finish would show the dirt less.

They haven’t announced anything about the car configurations for the US, so I’ll just have to wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pacmeoff, I was hoping when placing the deposit the configuration might be changeable...will see what happens. ;)
BishBosh you can't even change your mind on colour let alone have access to the configurator this is the reply I received from VIP Hyundai

"I can confirm the Gravity Gold is indeed a matt finish. Your successful allocation is based on the Gravity Gold along with the interior you selected, so the ball is in your court now. If this is the car you want then it can be yours, and if not then we can take you off the list releasing the car for the next customer in the queue who requested the Gravity Gold exterior with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior."

Basically take it or leave it.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with you on the solar roof. I live in the Pacific Northwest and have a garage; the gains would be minimal and I am looking forward to the open feeling you get from an unobstructed glass roof. I too want AWD and am leaning toward shooting star gray, blue and teal as color choices. I have never had a matte finis h and was interested in your criticisms, but the car looks very pretty in the shooting star gray matte. I would think that a matte finish would show the dirt less.

They haven’t announced anything about the car configurations for the US, so I’ll just have to wait.

You are indeed correct 'matt' does hide the dirt better

·
Registered
4 Posts
BishBosh you can't even change your mind on colour let alone have access to the configurator this is the reply I received from VIP Hyundai

"I can confirm the Gravity Gold is indeed a matt finish. Your successful allocation is based on the Gravity Gold along with the interior you selected, so the ball is in your court now. If this is the car you want then it can be yours, and if not then we can take you off the list releasing the car for the next customer in the queue who requested the Gravity Gold exterior with Light Grey and Dark Teal interior."

I wonder if this indicates that the cars are already in production, since nothing can't be changed? This should be good news in terms of delivery. But I am still undecided if I will proceed with the Project 45 edition. If the advantages is just a speedy delivery then I might as well wait. Or is it a substantial price cut for that edition also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are indeed correct 'matt' does hide the dirt better

Fair enough, I suppose as they are limited editions the choice is also limited. I’ll pay the deposit which is fully refundable and make a further decision when everything is clearer. I still think the look and spec is right up there, I did choose the gold and pale interior which I’m still happy with. Being a solar roof and battery storage at home kind a guy in the UK I’m more than happy with the solar roof on the car too.

·
Registered
8 Posts

All stated in the FAQ available at the time of ordering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder if this indicates that the cars are already in production, since nothing can't be changed? This should be good news in terms of delivery. But I am still undecided if I will proceed with the Project 45 edition. If the advantages is just a speedy delivery then I might as well wait. Or is it a substantial price cut for that edition also?

I can't see any price cut involved in regard to '45', in the UK the '45' is £48,000 (before £3,000 government grant) which is in Tesla price range for the model 3 long range and the model Y which will arrive later this year. I can't see the UK market accepting anything over £50,000 for an Hyundai and it's a significate price increase compared to the Kona electric. With discounts you can get a Jaguar I-Pace for that kind of money (£50k) which offers similar range, better performance and very similar in size.

They may do a tesla style launch with the Ioniq 5 and sell the higher spec cars (long range awd) in the first 6 months then start to introduce the lower spec cars, 3000 '45' for Europe is such a low number other spec cars will surely follow quickly, The Ulsan factory where the Ioniq 5 will be made produce over 6000 cars a week (across several models).

·
Registered
4 Posts
In Norway the 'Project 45' sells for 499.900 NOK which amounts to £42,350. So it is actually a little cheaper here, but EVs does not have any taxes in Norway. That's one of, if not the main reason they are so popular here. A standard BMW 320d XDrive starts from £45,800, add some extra equipment and you will soon end up around £55,000..

But in the UK things are a bit different in regards to taxes, so I can see that the Ioniq 5 should not cost more than £45,000. In the UK it competes against similar priced german automakers..I also believe you have more/better highways in the UK than we have here in Norway so EV-s are perhaps not so compelling (high speeds drains the energy quicker).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ditto on the gravity gold - it looks great, but I'm now concerned about the paint care aspect. Even more so as the two cars on my short list are the Tesla M3 (not exactly renowned for high quality paintwork!) and the matt finish of the Ioniq 5 :-( Think I may have done a faux pas on the colour selection....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ditto on the gravity gold - it looks great, but I'm now concerned about the paint care aspect. Even more so as the two cars on my short list are the Tesla M3 (not exactly renowned for high quality paintwork!) and the matt finish of the Ioniq 5 :-( Think I may have done a faux pas on the colour selection....
What aspect of the gravity gold paint care are you concerned about?

edit: I did some research on matte paint and I think I see its shortcomings now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts