Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few Ioniq 5 owners has expressed an interest in changing the color of the white bezel around the display screens. I'm going to create a vinyl decal that covers the bezel perfectly. I'd be willing to make these for others but would like some input. 1) What color would you prefer? 2) Would you prefer glossy or matte finish? 3)Would you want it to be a permanent application or would you prefer it to be removable so you can change it from time to time. 4) What would you expect to pay for this accessory?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD
274 Posts
Quite a few Ioniq 5 owners has expressed an interest in changing the color of the white bezel around the display screens. I'm going to create a vinyl decal that covers the bezel perfectly. I'd be willing to make these for others but would like some input. 1) What color would you prefer? 2) Would you prefer glossy or matte finish? 3)Would you want it to be a permanent application or would you prefer it to be removable so you can change it from time to time. 4) What would you expect to pay for this accessory?
I think a few people have tried a vinyl decal but there’s a special coating on the screen and the vinyl does not stay on (I have not tried myself).

To answer your questions:
1&2. Matte black/gray
3. Removable
4. For a vinyl decal, 10-15usd/eur/gbp

Thinking a 3D printed frame in matte black, attached to the magnetic side part would be nice. That I would be willing to pay up to 50usd/eur/gbp.

You do get used to the white bezel after a while and it doesn’t bother me now

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think a few people have tried a vinyl decal but there’s a special coating on the screen and the vinyl does not stay on (I have not tried myself).

To answer your questions:
1&2. Matte black/gray
3. Removable
4. For a vinyl decal, 10-15usd/eur/gbp

Thinking a 3D printed frame in matte black, attached to the magnetic side part would be nice. That I would be willing to pay up to 50usd/eur/gbp.

You do get used to the white bezel after a while and it doesn’t bother me now
Agree with all responses

·
Registered
650 Posts
FYI If you are going to sell things on here you need to Pay to be a vendor/premium membership or something like that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This was made and sold in Europe, so not available in US, this one looks pretty good to me!
I think it looks great, I would love it. Do we have any confirmation it was actually real? So.e places have speculated it was a Photoshop job and no actual part was made. The only reports I've heard are that wraps won't stick to the bezel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it looks great, I would love it. Do we have any confirmation it was actually real? So.e places have speculated it was a Photoshop job and no actual part was made. The only reports I've heard are that wraps won't stick to the bezel
I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I did see the ebay posting for the item. We'll be reporting back to you all after we've done our due diligence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try yupotako it's a self clinging synthetic paper that can work .
It's not a sticker .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts