Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a test drive of the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid the other day, since that is all they had available (as expected). Walked in the door to them saying "if we can match the Sonata Hybrid to the Ioniq Hybrid in price, would you be interested in that?". Quickly let them know I'm only interested in the EV. ;)

Surprisingly, the lady just gave me the keys & told me there was plenty of gas. She didn't even join me. I wonder how long I could have been gone before they started to worry...

Anyway, I'm looking for reasons to NOT buy the Ioniq. I don't want to regret my decision in a few years, as I struggle with my eGolf's purchase (which maybe I should have leased). I can't lease the Ioniq EV -- I'm not in California.

My primary concern was size & rear visibility. The Ioniq was, on paper, larger than I was hoping for. However, it didn't seem at all big in person & felt fine once I got into the drivers seat. I even backed it into a parking spot with the rear view camera & liked the dynamic guidelines on the screen. Overall, I put those fears at ease.

When I returned, after telling another salesman I liked the ride, he said "yeah, and isn't that car's gas mileage amazing?" to which I replied, "well, not so much compared to the Electric." "This is true.", he said back.

So... I wait for this weekend's release (Earth Day). Big questions remain: how long will the delivery be? Will I be able to change my mind during the wait?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not in California. I have to special order from my state.

I didn't fiddle with the smart cruise, because I'm planning on getting the base Electric model to save money. I may have considered the higher package if it included "Lane Keep Assist"... but the premium doesn't really have enough things I'm interested in to justify the cost. With that said, I'm really happy with the base offerings (heated seats, fast charging, heat pump etc.).

Ride & road noise are going to be different in the Electric version, so I didn't really play much with that either. I did put it in "Sport" mode, to get a better feel of what the Electric would be in "Normal" ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts