Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairfax Hyundai had a green SEL AWD available so I went to check it out. I found it to be a nice car, it was in high demand, three of us were there in quick succession for test drives.
Automotive parking light Car Sky Vehicle Tire

On
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why Fairfax SEL has black trim instead of silver?
SEL should have silver trim…
BTW. Does green color has metallic feeling or just green?
In Korea, there is digital teal green and it has metallic looking.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
738 Posts

See this thread posted a few hours ago.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As Corbin pointed out, this is likely an SE based on the cloth seats. But someone else purchased a white SEL which had unpainted side trim so Hyundai may have changed their feature set since releasing specs. Frankly I’m disappointed that SEL doesn’t get painted trim and almost certainly will get Limited if I get Ioniq 5.

·
Registered
21 Mach-E, 09 Outback XT
13 Posts
This is an SE. When we arrived for a test drive this same unit, we were fourth in queue to drive it. Definitely a popular car. After speaking with other buyers, all were interested in an SEL or LIMITED trim.

We’ve decided to hold out to see what Hyundai does with the newer SEL units rolling out. I think there was a factory error, by putting black trim versus the silver trim on the SEL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ha! I test drove that one too! Seeing it actually made me switch to the “digital teal”. Fairfax is charging a dealer markup and made no effort to secure what I wanted (Limited AWD), so no dice. The guy there didn’t expect limited versions in stock for months. I put in an order elsewhere and am looking forward to that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! I test drove that one too! Seeing it actually made me switch to the “digital teal”. Fairfax is charging a dealer markup and made no effort to secure what I wanted (Limited AWD), so no dice. The guy there didn’t expect limited versions in stock for months. I put in an order elsewhere and am looking forward to that.
Congratulations! Like you, I really liked the color but I am also holding out for an AWD Limited. Where were you able to find one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations! Like you, I really liked the color but I am also holding out for an AWD Limited. Where were you able to find one?
I ordered one from Safford Hyundai in Springfield. I’m really interested to see how long it takes to get here. Hopefully it’s not a Rivian situation…

·
Registered
10 Posts
The So Cal dealers all have significant dealer markup with some having 'dealer installed accessories'. I am optimistic about what I will need to pay for my Limited in a couple of weeks but we will see...

·
Registered
9 Posts
See this thread posted a few hours ago.

As Corbin pointed out, this is likely an SE based on the cloth seats. But someone else purchased a white SEL which had unpainted side trim so Hyundai may have changed their feature set since releasing specs. Frankly I’m disappointed that SEL doesn’t get painted trim and almost certainly will get Limited if I get Ioniq 5.
Actually, the interior trim might dictate the exterior panel colors for the US models. White interior = silver exterior, black interior = black exterior.
My SEL is black interior with black panels.

Does anyone have pics of a white interior with a black exterior kick panel?

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
706 Posts
No picture, but I saw an SEL with white interior and black kick panel.

·
Registered
Cyber Grey SEL
43 Posts
Actually, the interior trim might dictate the exterior panel colors for the US models. White interior = silver exterior, black interior = black exterior.

My cyber grey SEL with two tone grey interior
Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As a quick update, Don at Fairfax Hyundai has some AWD Limited cars available for order now. As soon as they arrive, I will be checking one out.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Digital Teal Green
553 Posts

In the U.S., SE and SEL get the matte black trim and the Limited gets the silver trim. Both look great. You can always have the matte professionally painted if you like to whatever color you want.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
15 Posts
The So Cal dealers all have significant dealer markup with some having 'dealer installed accessories'. I am optimistic about what I will need to pay for my Limited in a couple of weeks but we will see...
Good luck on that. The best I could find anywhere in the state on a Limited was $7500 over MSRP. The best bet I found was a dealer in Texas who would order one and sell it at list, but it would be 3-5 months. Ended up buying an SEL in Fresno for $2K over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts