Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago on a different thread I reported my disappointment that following my previous elation that the charging points shown on Zap Map were Tesla.

On arrival at the hotel it could be seen that the charge points were surrounded by ICE cars and it was a poor layout anyway. On checking out the following morning I expressed my disappointment that they were only for Tesla and that even though I could not use them they were blocked off by conventional cars. She said the third point a white one was for any EV (this was not shown on zap map). Although we were about to leave I drove over and with the cable at maximum length I managed to connect up. The dash showed it was connected but the blue lights didn't and the cable did not lock. There were at least two other PHEV's on site, a Mercedes and another, peugot possibly and neither of them hooked on.

My question is: has anyone else had experience of a White Tesla charge point and if by chance they were successful what did they do? Do you need a charge card or something, I didn't see a slot. It was supposed to be free. My limited attempts with Google have found more info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few days ago on a different thread I reported my disappointment that following my previous elation that the charging points shown on Zap Map were Tesla.

On arrival at the hotel it could be seen that the charge points were surrounded by ICE cars and it was a poor layout anyway. On checking out the following morning I expressed my disappointment that they were only for Tesla and that even though I could not use them they were blocked off by conventional cars. She said the third point a white one was for any EV (this was not shown on zap map). Although we were about to leave I drove over and with the cable at maximum length I managed to connect up. The dash showed it was connected but the blue lights didn't and the cable did not lock. There were at least two other PHEV's on site, a Mercedes and another, peugot possibly and neither of them hooked on.

My question is: has anyone else had experience of a White Tesla charge point and if by chance they were successful what did they do? Do you need a charge card or something, I didn't see a slot. It was supposed to be free. My limited attempts with Google have found more info.
Had the same problem several times with the charges listed as "Electric Vehicles" on the white background. Never found a solution and was on here looking for one! Sorry not be be more helpful. I notice the red charging light comes on, mine will lock the cable but no blue lights and no charge. On connecting you hear a slight noise of connection but nothing more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts