Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like the temperature control inside my Ioniq Electric is acting up and has been doing that that since day one.
The car warms up fast to the set temperature (say 22.5C) but I dont think it manages to stay firmly on the set temperature no matter what I do.
The airflow gets cool and temperature starts to go down and it feels colder.

I am gonna visit my dealer and ask him to take a ride with me.
I think I have a digital thermometer in the garage, will take that along.

The fan inside makes just a bit weird sound too.
The weather here in Finland has been about -5C to + 5C in the last week that I have owned the Ioniq.

Anyone else having these kind of symptoms?

Other that the above, the car is just amazingly awesome. :nerd:

·
Registered
Ioniq premium first edition 2020
14 Posts
I have no problems with the temperature controle. In Holland the tempature is now -6 below zero. In the car the temperature stays steady at a 23 degrees and stays firmly on the set temperature. Let the controle unit check at the garage.

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We made a deal that i keep a close look on the issue, i was not really willing to leave the car to the dealer for a closer inspection cos the issue is quite small.
Lets see if any owners have similar symptoms.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can both tell us the range you get with these kind of temperature!?
Also put some details like average speed and inside temperature so we can get a better idea of the range in different conditions!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
For range under different temperatures and speeds, see this topic.

Reactions: blownb310

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
goncalo, please dont mess up the threads with stuff that does not belong to it.
Range etc threads are on this forum already, this thread is about the temp inside the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have household heat pump. It needs to stop heat blowing time to time to do deice operation. Could deicing be the reason for cold air in Ioniq too?

I have not noticed same phenomenon than @Johtokunta but i have had temperature set to little less (19 Celsius degrees) if it does make difference in ice formation even you and me have been driving same Finnish conditions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lack of heat pump fluid will drop heat generation capacity. Anyhow leak should do constant colder air.

So i bet for theory of sensor error is causing heat break on deicing or over heat or over pressure circuit. Any other bets?

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
I also have a heat pump for heating of my house. Indeed from time to time during defrost the temperature becomes a bit lower. When the outdoor temperature is around 0, most defrosts are needed. When it is much higher or much lower than 0, there will be less defrosts. Did you notice a dependence on temperature?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Terve Johtokunta,

I have my EV since Friday and also I notice the blower to become cold every now and then. It is really annoying me. When I switched to a higher temperature (from 19 to 21 C) it did not happen, probably because the final temperature was not yet reached. When the blower/heater is in auto mode, it seems not to happen either (or I don't notice it because it is not blowing in my face).

Did you get any new information on this issue, meanwhile?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you have "driver only" -button in use?

I noticed temperature difference in tight corners if it is in use. Explanation is that driver's foot side is warm but passenger's cold. When the car is turning the gravity is pushing heavier cold air over the gear switch cluster panel to the warm side and that feels cold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts