Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a current Leaf owner, I am addicted to Nissan's EV Connect app and all that it allows us to do from the phone. It's extremely important when slow charging as it allows us to know if, for some reason, the charge is interrupted (as it happens a lot here...). That, remote start charging, turning the AC remotely, it's amazing.

I read that Ionic has Blue Link but that's only available in the US (and I'm pretty sure it won't be available here for a long time). I also saw on Facebook that a user is working on creating an app to check the car remotely
https://www.facebook.com/darren.foley.73997/posts/10155728235232506

Does Hyundai's app allows for any of this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
As a current Leaf owner, I am addicted to Nissan's EV Connect app and all that it allows us to do from the phone. It's extremely important when slow charging as it allows us to know if, for some reason, the charge is interrupted (as it happens a lot here...). That, remote start charging, turning the AC remotely, it's amazing.

I read that Ionic has Blue Link but that's only available in the US (and I'm pretty sure it won't be available here for a long time). I also saw on Facebook that a user is working on creating an app to check the car remotely
https://www.facebook.com/darren.foley.73997/posts/10155728235232506

Does Hyundai's app allows for any of this?
Where is 'here'? Where are you located.

·
Registered
176 Posts
bluelink is a US only facility, not available in the EU
Does Hyundai have an official forum for feedback and suggestions?

As good as the Ioniq is, the area of 'over the air' connectivity, software apps, wifi/internet, etc seems like areas that could be improved with customer involvement.

I hope BL will be offered in Canada (and worldwide) ... just about to get the cars here so information on additional services seems scare (non-existent)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not hoping to have any kind of support from Hyundai Portugal about this as they clearly aren't betting on the Ioniq (at least the EV version), as I've been told by a sales representative that only 4 cars will be delivered in June, and 15-17 more with no specified date. I find it sad as it's a highly anticipated car but, nevertheless, they aren't betting on it so boo boo.
I'm looking for alternatives, as what that Facebook user that I linked is doing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does Hyundai have an official forum for feedback and suggestions?

As good as the Ioniq is, the area of 'over the air' connectivity, software apps, wifi/internet, etc seems like areas that could be improved with customer involvement.

I hope BL will be offered in Canada (and worldwide) ... just about to get the cars here so information on additional services seems scare (non-existent)
In this day and age, connectivity with one's car via a smartphone app should be a standard feature. Just saying...

·
Registered
176 Posts
In this day and age, connectivity with one's car via a smartphone app should be a standard feature. Just saying...
I agree .. should be. Since it is not yet standard, the focus could be on introducing something beyond BL (available on in the US) .. and getting feedback on whatever is done .. just suggesting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts