Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the Greek Theatre this weekend. If I bring a mini fridge instead of a cooler...

Will the fridge run off the interior V2L while we are driving? Will it run while the car is parked and we are in the concert? Any special programming needed for the 3 different uses.

1. While driving
2. While parked with accessory mode on while tailgating
3. Keeping food cold while car is parked in Off while we are in concert.

I have an external V2l to use instead of the internal back seat outlet.

Any tips greatly appreciated. Probably also running electric skillet to cook burgers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got my car three weeks ago so I am not the best person to answer the question but what I understand that you can’t use internal V2L when you drive ( honestly, I have SEL so I don’t have internal v2l so any limited owner can give accurate info).

you should not use accessory mode because you will use 12v battery. You need to use utility mode.

also not sure you can use electric skillet and fridge together because it might go over 1800-1900w which is limit. If your skillet does not use too much watt, it can be done.
If you have wattmeter, you can monitor yourself.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
155 Posts
I got my car three weeks ago so I am not the best person to answer the question but what I understand that you can’t use internal V2L when you drive ( honestly, I have SEL so I don’t have internal v2l so any limited owner can give accurate info).

you should not use accessory mode because you will use 12v battery. You need to use utility mode.

also not sure you can use electric skillet and fridge together because it might go over 1800-1900w which is limit. If your skillet does not use too much watt, it can be done.
If you have wattmeter, you can monitor yourself.
Doesn't the V2L provide 3kw

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a limited in the US with both interior V2L that comes on that trim and the external V2L adapter... to answer your questions:

1. While driving
- Interior V2L should work the entire time

2. While parked with accessory mode on while tailgating
- To use the interior V2L you'll need to put it into utility mode in the EV settings, have the car on, or the external V2L plugged in and on. Accessary mode is only the 12 volt accessories

3. Keeping food cold while car is parked in Off while we are in concert.
  • Utility mode is pretty much just like having the car running so its difficult, though not impossible, to lock the car in this state. You can lock it by using the physical key and key hole under the drivers door handle. The car will do its angry tone as you walk away with the key, but stop the noise after a few seconds
  • external V2L works fine while locked and has the added benefit of enabling the interior V2L without utility mode on so you could use it to simple keep the interior V2L on with something plugged in inside

Both interior and external V2L work at the same time in all circumstances other than driving.

Also... great questions! Testing things out again for this post is how I learned the interior V2L was turned on automatically if the external V2L was active. Note the external V2L does need to be on, but does not need anything plugged into the 120 socket, but be aware that anyone could easily turn it off with the exposed not lockable button switch and that would also turn off the interior V2L too.

·
Registered
Limited AWD Digital Teal MY2022
153 Posts
I am going to the Greek Theatre this weekend. If I bring a mini fridge instead of a cooler...

Will the fridge run off the interior V2L while we are driving? Will it run while the car is parked and we are in the concert? ...
How did it work out?

(I'd have been worried about leaving a refrigerator running in a small, enclosed space like a car: nowhere for the heat to go, so I'd have left the A/C running, maybe at 80°F/27°C ... but this is not something I've tried, hence my curiosity.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts