Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just signed for my LR AWD and have been told it is in Vancouver. I take delivery just before Christmas. There have been reports of dealer mark-ups and I’m wondering how prevalent this is? I was quoted the 2023 MSRP, and included a trade-in valuation as well. Am I likely to get an unpleasant surprise in a month when I take delivery or can I expect the dealership to honour what they told me?

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD
109 Posts
I’ve just signed for my LR AWD and have been told it is in Vancouver. I take delivery just before Christmas. There have been reports of dealer mark-ups and I’m wondering how prevalent this is? I was quoted the 2023 MSRP, and included a trade-in valuation as well. Am I likely to get an unpleasant surprise in a month when I take delivery or can I expect the dealership to honour what they told me?
Have you asked for an out-the-door price? If not, you should. Actual price should be very close to that estimate or you can walk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What do you mean you "just signed"? Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just purchased a Limited AWD. I talked the dealer down from a $5k markup to $2k markup. Considering supply and demand on these unicorn Limited AWD, I’m happy with that compromise.
What color did you get? Did you have luck at a particular dealer? Seems like many have the $5K+ markup and some have told me they will match others to earn business which makes it seem like things have changed since earlier in the year when many wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What color did you get? Did you have luck at a particular dealer? Seems like many have the $5K+ markup and some have told me they will match others to earn business which makes it seem like things have changed since earlier in the year when many wouldn't budge.
I got the Atlas white , grey interior. I’ve seen less inventory now than 1 - 2 months. The dealers in NY and NJ seem to have more inventory for some reason. That is where I got mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was also quoted the MSRP and was shocked when there was a $10K mark up. Definitely ask the dealer for the out-the-door cost. You do not want to be caught off guard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was also quoted the MSRP and was shocked when there was a $10K mark up. Definitely ask the dealer for the out-the-door cost. You do not want to be caught off guard.
I hope you did not go along with this. As much as I want the Limited (on waiting list since June 22) I would pass it up. There are more EVs coming to the market within several months. Eventually these Money Hungry Pigs will be stuck with cars they can't sell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts