Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am in the last stages of hashing out a deal with dealers and hopefully will be purchasing a Ioniq hybrid this weekend!

One question that i hope you guys could answer is, does the uk models have sunroofs on the hybrid?

The model i am looking for is the Premium, can anyone confirm?

Broucher shows sunroofs, but no mention in spec!

Many thanks, and looking forward to becoming a member of this great club!
Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome Chrisb2001

as far as I am aware no UK spec Ioniqs have a sunroof

I think if you look there is a little foot note saying "model shown is not UK spec" on many images in the brochure, a sunroof is available in a few EU countries as some non UK members have said about it

if you are still sorting out the deal see if you qualify for the "affinity" scheme as there are some good discounts to be had on that (up to about £3100)

please introduce yourself in the new member introduction area

which area of the country are you? which colour are you looking at? polar white and marina blue are the most popular with iron grey catching up :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks guys, it would be nice to have it, but no deal breaker for me!

Yeah i have a dealer who can offer me the affinty discount, which has taken it to a good amount, im trading in my old car so that owes some money, but there has been quite a few dealers on carwow, currently negotiating with, so i hope to get a cheapest deal. One has included free metallic, but otherwise i am happy with the white version.

How comfy do you find the seats in this car? general build quality?

Thanks guys for the info it helps!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I find them good on long runs, done 8000 miles with no complaints about comfort

only common thing seems to be a squeak on the drivers door cured easily with a bit of silicon spray on the black chunk of rubber inside the door by the mirror

hope you get the deal you want and look forward to seeing you as an active member on the forum

one thing to note is the rear of the car due to the aerodynamics is a dirt magnet, so white does need a fairly regular clean in bad weather :)

have a look at http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/218-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid/3361-i-think-i-need-wash.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha needs a washmywheels treatment! yeah thats the thing about white, its come back very popular, but not good for being dirty! maybe might consider another colour, depends on the deal.

Cool glad to hear its a comfy car, i have corsa at the moment, and that just about bearable for 20 mins worth of driving.
Thanks for the squeek tip!
Il keep you guys posted on the progress

·
Registered
164 Posts
i hope to get a cheapest deal
Don't go for the cheapest deal!! Go for the best deal instead! ( and that's a dutchman typing..:) )

The car you see on reviews on Youtube etc. are often international specs with all options possible. It differs a lot per country. Here in Holland we have the sunroof on the top-spec version, but it lacks seat-ventilation and wireless phone charging for instance.
I have the mid-spec (no sunroof) and love it.
No matter what spec you choose, i'm sure you will love the car, so go for the deal you feel is the best.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome Chrisb2001

as far as I am aware no UK spec Ioniqs have a sunroof

I think if you look there is a little foot note saying "model shown is not UK spec" on many images in the brochure, a sunroof is available in a few EU countries as some non UK members have said about it
It would seem the US also does not have a sunroof, but in one of the pictures in the brochure there is one. :-(

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dave, in the U.S. brochure you posted, "power tilt-and-slide sunroof" is listed as standard equipment on the Hybrid Limited, and as part of the Ultimate Package for the Electric Limited.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dave, in the U.S. brochure you posted, "power tilt-and-slide sunroof" is listed as standard equipment on the Hybrid Limited, and as part of the Ultimate Package for the Electric Limited.
You're right. My eyes are going bad apparently. LOL I looked over it twice! Geez. Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No problemo, Dave.

FYI, we're road-tripping through Tucson next week, and I've set up an appointment with a guy at Jim Click Hyundai to pick up my very own brochure and talk about the Ioniq a bit. If it hadn't been for your earlier posts, I probably wouldn't have done that. I'd previously contacted Hyundai dealers in Arizona, but not that one--the reason why escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, keep up the great posting, and here's hoping "we" get our Ioniqs sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
189 Posts
No problemo, Dave.

FYI, we're road-tripping through Tucson next week, and I've set up an appointment with a guy at Jim Click Hyundai to pick up my very own brochure and talk about the Ioniq a bit. If it hadn't been for your earlier posts, I probably wouldn't have done that. I'd previously contacted Hyundai dealers in Arizona, but not that one--the reason why escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, keep up the great posting, and here's hoping "we" get our Ioniqs sooner rather than later.
Which of their 3 locations are you going to? What's the name of the guy you're chatting with? I spoke with Jim Bradley at the Green Valley/Sahuarita location. He doesn't know much (was hoping he'd know more) but at this stage, it's hard to say if any of them really know a whole lot at this early stage.

Of course, share any new juicy details you might find out!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dave, I'll be meeting Jose Gonzales at the East location. He has confirmed that he has brochures and is saving one for me, but I don't know how much he knows about the Ioniq or delivery dates.

But hey, at least it's something. I don't expect El Paso to EVER get Ioniqs unless they're special ordered. Nothing sells here but huge, road-hogging, gas-guzzling SUVs and pickups (usually white).

Of course, I'll share anything I find out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts