Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1415 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I spotted a car I didn't recognize at a stop light. Hyundai logo, small car about the size of a Kona I thought, saw hybrid label when it turned left (I was turning left the other direction but waiting my turn) but wasn't able to see the model name. Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be a matching Hyundai hybrid model sold in the US as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Silver Ioniq EV at shopping plaza near our house. I hope that soon, they get to enjoy the L2 charging station under construction at the plaza. (Why should just the Teslas have the perks?)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Silver Ioniq EV at shopping plaza near our house. I hope that soon, they get to enjoy the L2 charging station under construction at the plaza. (Why should just the Teslas have the perks?)
If you want to compare to Tesla then here's hoping it's a Level 3 / CCS station they're installing, so that Ioniq BEV owners can enjoy it too. Our cars really don't charge all that quickly off Level 2: 3.5 kW PHEV, 7 kW BEV versus ~60 kW for the BEV on a Level 3 / CCS station.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It will be only an L2 charger, I think. It would be more of a top-up opportunity than a place to recharge from 20% to 80% on a long road trip. Still, some people may appreciate being able to add a few km while they shop or have a coffee.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I spotted a car I didn't recognize at a stop light. Hyundai logo, small car about the size of a Kona I thought, saw hybrid label when it turned left (I was turning left the other direction but waiting my turn) but wasn't able to see the model name. Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be a matching Hyundai hybrid model sold in the US as far as I can tell.
Nexo maybe?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Spotted my first few Ioniqs today in Seattle. In front of me was a white base model hybrid Ioniq from Oregon, and behind me was a silver Hybrid Limited from British Columbia Canada. My first encounter was a 3way.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just saw my first Ioniq hybrid on the road in my area. I dusty black one on I-40 heading east.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Passed by a full electric white Ioniq, wednesday 18th 18:00 ish, northbound on A11 Attleborough going towards Norwich. First full EV i've seen apart from mine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ioniq EV at public transit hub - a Transit Supervisor car, white with municipal colours. Fleet EVs FTW!

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,350
I am seeing 3-4 a day now, Ioniqs are pretty common in the southeast / london

waiting to see my first 2020 in the wild on the road (sat in one in the dealers the other day)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just spotted my 2nd Ioniq ( not counting mine) not sure trim or year as it was going in the opposite direction.

Blue Ionic Columbus, Indiana

Also Had a coworker stop and ask if I was the guy driving the Ioniq? She has been looking at them also and wanted to know my thoughts, of course I gave her a glowing review!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was two cars behind a blue IONIQ hybrid on Homer Watson Watson boulevard in Kitchener last night around 6:30 p.m. I was two cars back, in the white one.

·
Registered
2017 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 July '17
1,793 Posts
Okay, not an Ioniq, but it's Kia sister, I spotted my first ever Niro, a white Hybrid, this morning in a Tim Horton's drive thru.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm seeing Ioniqs quite often now so don't usually post about them but, last Monday, I saw a red Ioniq HEV coming in the opposite direction as I was going into Bierton towards Aylesbury. What's remarkable about this one? There was a red Ioniq BEV 3 cars behind it.

·
Registered
2019 IONIQ HEV Blue Trim | Ceramic White/Charcoal
113 Posts
Ha! I’m up to about 16 sightings this year (some likely dupes) but in my case it was two black HEVs spotted back to back – one driving opposite direction followed by another parked. Lookout Prii!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just came back to Sweden after a week in Los Angeles. I saw many Ioniqs in LA, but they were all HEVs. I never saw a single Ioniq PHEV or BEV. Strange, because I saw lots and lots of Teslas and some Chevy Volts, so electric cars and plug-ins are obviously quite popular as long as they are made in the US!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I did say I would not record any more as I have see so many but this one is a bit special :).

Spotted at Keflavik airport (Iceland), a white plug-in connected up and taking nourishment. It is not on the member map but there certainly is an Ioniq in Iceland.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would seem that here in Straya there is an unwritten rule that Ioniqs must be no closer that 800km from one another. This is based on the posters here.
I can only confirm having seen 1 whilst in Adelaide SA a few weeks back but I was driving our Kuga so didn't break the rule.
They are hard to spot at speed being very similar to the local Sonata but that is ok.
In general Aussies look upon lekky car drivers as wankers and Tesla owners see us as wannabe wankers so best to blend in really.

1341 - 1360 of 1415 Posts